Excel suddenly goes offline

BillyDoor82

Office Version
  1. 2019
I've been using Excel 2019 (click to run) since it was released and now, suddenly/out of the blue, this wonderful MS software has decided I'm offline.
The only time I "go online" with Excel is to download pictures/clipart. Now, possibly since the last Win 10 update, i get the error message: You need an internet connection to insert online pictures.
I never update Excel (updates disabled) so nothing has changed regarding Excel itself.

Well I'm definitely online although I don't use a Microsoft account and never did, never had any problems in the past.
The irony is my principal use of Excel is a VBA dashboard I created to manage my portfolio which downloads data from Yahoo Finance (both history and quotes).
So VBA connects with the internet within Excel but the software will no longer allow me to insert clipart online.

Any help would be appreciated. I've done lots of googling but all hits were related to Office 365 which I don't use.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back