Excel to Mail Merge Question

rette

I am beyond frustrated and my perfectionist nature won't let me give this one up and I know there are some geniuses here that can help me find a solution but I can't take another YouTube video or confusing tutorial.

I have a data source that contains giving records, most records have 12 entries at most. There's a received date and two dollar amounts for each - the amount received and the deductible amount. I work for a nonprofit.

I want to fill in a table in a mail merge to show the date each contribution was given and the two dollar amounts. I got it to work sorta, but then the table was showing some but not all, or duplicate gifts. So over this...

I also would like a total at the bottom. I thought about scrapping the idea of listing each gift and just listing the total, but I can't even think of a good way to tabulate that in Excel, and have been working on this all day so I'm now braindead.

Any help would be so appreciated.
Excel Preview.jpg

Word Preview.jpg

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi @rette, Thanks for posting on the forum.

I understand that it is a difficult situation and this affects the great work you do in a job for a nonprofit.

Let's work together to reach your goal.
Let's start by organizing your ideas.

First you must present how you have the data in your sheet.
Use the XL2BB tool to put the examples.
For example:
Dante Amor
ABCDEF
1Smart AddressSmart Informal SalutationReceived DateDonation AmountDeducible Amount
22399 DawsonDana25/01/2022$100.00$100.00
32399 DawsonDana25/02/2022$100.00$100.00
4225 CenturyDanielle14/01/2022$10.00$10.00
5225 CenturyDanielle14/01/2022$10.00$10.00
Hoja2

And most importantly, how you want the result.
Then, to understand how you got the results, explain 3-4 records. Here you can explain in great detail how to get to the result, it doesn't matter that it is very obvious to you, it is necessary that you detail it so that I can understand it.

Another detail, that I don't understand, where do you want the result, in a word document, in an excel table, in an outlook email?
Here you should also explain in detail, where you want the result.

Note XL2BB:
For the future, it would help greatly if you could give us the sample data in a form that we can copy to test with, rather that a picture.
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in
Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Respectfully
Dante Amor

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back