Excel to SAP lookup

Tinkerer

I would like to create a macro to take a column of UPC numbers in a list in column A and look them up in SAP and return the material number our company uses. Many clients remit using the UPC number, but the Material number seems to be more useful on our end.

I picture this as a template that a list may be copied and pasted into column A and a macro run, and it would take the contents in, say A2 and copy it and paste it into the material lookup, enter, and copy and paste the returned value back into B2. Then it move to A3...B3 and continue until the entire list is converted.

Im not sure where to start with this, so any help would be appreciated. I do have a fair foundation working within excel and excel macros, just not making them talk to SAP. I have used something at a previous job that did something similar. In that case we opened the other application to the screen for the lookup, then pasted our list in the template and ran the macro. It would convert until the list was done.

To do this manually is time consuming.

Another, similar project I would like to do is to take a list of invoice numbers in an excel worksheet and have sap send those to the default printer. I think this should be able to be done in a similar fashion... Currently we have to send one at a time and long lists of 20-30 can be time consuming and menototnous.

Can anyone help?

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back