Excel to Word

ashiffer

This is new to me..so the terms may not always be correct. I have a list in a column in excel 2010. This list is in the thousands. Let's say that the list is in C1 and runs to C4036 each of the numbers are different too. Each of these numbers represent a electonic component number in our wearhouse. Now in the production floor there are monitors and each time a repair is needed the monitor displays a repair process. These process are word documents. What I need to do is have a VBA code search the world doc and be able to go to the file folder in our network and find the folder that stores these word documents and have the excel list search all the different section of the word documents for any of the component numbers that are listed in the excel list. I then need the code to be able to return to me a list of all the locations, the file name, the paragraph, line that the excel number may be located in the word document and if not show a "0" if the number in the excel column is not in the word document.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrcsbenson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back