excel too slow with calculations

IraAxa

Board Regular
Hi there,

i tried to look for the solutions online regarding too slow excel calculations, and i applied all the advices regarding the formula usage, hence my excel once i hit F9 takes for ever to calculate. we are not talking about too much data - a bit over 5000, and the formulas it includes are:

=IF(ISNA(INDEX(Sheet!F:F,MATCH(1,INDEX((Sheet!A:A=Sheet1!A8)*(Sheet!C:C=Date2),),FALSE))),"",INDEX(Sheet!F:F,MATCH(1,INDEX((Sheet!A:A=Sheet1!A8)*(Sheet!C:C=Date2),),FALSE)))

=VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet!A:X,2,0)

=IFERROR((F3-H3)/H3,"--")

there are 2 tabs - Sheet & Sheet1

The Sheet tab pulls data from SharePoint - no calculations involved here - there is Refresh Connection involved , and The Sheet1 uses the calculations from that Sheet. It starts calculating once the Date is selected, but it takes forever.

TiA

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
A problem i see that could be causing an issue is you're looking at entire rows. ie. A:A, C:C, F:F, A:X

Excel may be using ALL of the rows in those columns slowing you down(especailly in the case of the vlookup). Try limiting them down. I'm assuming the number of rows either changes or is incosistent. Therefore I would suggest making some dynamic named ranges.

Upvote 0
Great, you saved my day - it workes perfectly; i should have fixed amount data - but just in case i included few blank cells just in case:)

thanks a lot:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back