Excel/VBA Creating Outlook Appointments from Spreadsheet Data

Sbar47

I'm trying to create a macro that will create appointments based on task from column B. For some reason, my code to create appointments is creating each item in the subfolder twice.
Also, I'm trying to get the appointment date to be column F -30 days. Ultimately I would like to have this macro be able to update appointments if the date in column F is different then whats been created. As this spreadsheet will be updated weekly and the date in column F could change. Thank you for the help!

I tried
Rich (BB code):
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 1px 5px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 13px; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; background-color: rgb(239, 240, 241); white-space: pre-wrap;">oAppt.Start = cell(0, 6).value -30.
</code>

Rich (BB code):
Sub CreateAppointment()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim subfolders() As String
Dim cell As Range, i As Integer
Dim oAppt As AppointmentItem

subfolders = Split("UGD GAS,FOUNDATION REDESIGN", ",")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
        For Each cell In ws.Range("B1:B100") 'Changing this cell range to a smaller, defined range will improve performance
            For i = LBound(subfolders) To UBound(subfolders)
                If cell.Value = subfolders(i) Then
        Set oAppt = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)

oAppt.Subject = cell.Value
        oAppt.Start = Date - 30
        oAppt.Save
                End If
            Next i
        Next cell
    Next

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

A sample of my spreadsheet

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o74ZFwL4IbXt_U45dRp38Kj_DTFqp3B7

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
i got the code to work using

[FONT=&quot]Sub CreateAppointment() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim subfolders() As String Dim cell As Range, i As Integer
Dim oAppt As AppointmentItem Dim lr As Long Dim j As Integer subfolders = Split("UGD GAS,FOUNDATION REDESIGN", ",") Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set ws = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet With ws 'Get lr lr = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp).Row For j = 2 To lr '(Assuming your data starts on row 2) For i = LBound(subfolders) To UBound(subfolders) If .Cells(j, 2).Value = subfolders(i) Then Set oAppt = Outlook.Application.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) oAppt.Subject = .Cells(j, 2).Value oAppt.Start = .Cells(j, 6).Value - 30 & " 12:00:00" oAppt.Save End If Next i Next j End With Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub

[/FONT]Still trying to figure out a way to search the appointments by subject, and if dates differ it will update appointment instead of creating another! thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back