Excel VBA Help. Assigning Alternating Names to Alternating Rows in Range

slick9456

Hello,

Very new to VBA writing but am catching on fast. Below is the link to a macro enabled spreadsheet that I have been working on. So far all that I have written works but now I am down to the last part where I essentially would like to take the names from a list and assign them to the rows on the other sheets. Essentially each row in the lists titled "calls" would be assigned to one person on my team to call out. And so I would like to alternate whose name goes in each row.

Initially I had tried to run the macro editor to Auto filter my table of advisers by their status of being "In" the office or "-" for out. Then I figured I would copy and past all in that range over to the first few rows in each call area and then to select it all and auto-fill those names down the row to the last row.

However I wasn't sure how to handle a situation where the number of advisers exceeds the lists of calls to be made. So say I have 3 calls but 4 advisers then this would not work, and now I am back at square 1. Potentially a complex IF function if anything.

In the file below in the first sheet "macros" you can see my call advisers and the filters applied. Then if you look at the sheet "confirmation calls" you can see my dilemma.

Looking for some constructive feed back. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfzir8x19pkels5/Call List Macro Potentially.xlsm

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back