Excel XLSM file not running

DannyDont

I have an application that I am unable to bring up to full view. I have attempted to open the file without running macros but got the same results. The "hourglass " is on and stays on and never goes away until I select the Red X and close the app. I attempted to copy the file and open the copy. It copies fine but gives the same result. The file is 172 KB (Both original and Copy). It does open enough to see that I have several saved versions from the attempts I have made but I am unable to do anything with those as well. My concern is being able to access the VBA code to salvage the recent changes I have made. Any ideas? I do have a macro in the OnOpen in ThisWorkbook.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
HAve you tried opening in Safe mode
Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click Run. Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard. In the Run box, type one of these commands: For Excel: Type excel /safe, and click OK.
Otherwise try uploading the file to a hosting site like Dropbox, then post the link back here, and someone will probably have a look at it.

Upvote 0
If Michael's suggestions don't work for you this might be worth a try.

Upvote 0
HAve you tried opening in Safe mode
Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click Run. Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard. In the Run box, type one of these commands: For Excel: Type excel /safe, and click OK.
Otherwise try uploading the file to a hosting site like Dropbox, then post the link back here, and someone will probably have a look at it.
This got the job done. Thank you soooo much. I am back to being productive once again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back