Excluded Criteria range for a sumproduct/sumif formula

AnAppleADay

Hi all,

I have attached a clean workbook here as a link to my OneDrive: Jazz.xlsx

Currently my value returned, is based on this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(Loading!$K$2:$K$935,Loading!$M$2:$M$935,PackTypes!$A$3:$A$12,Loading!$L$2:$L$935,D$2))

Returning the value in column K of LOADINGS sheet, while checking against the criteria for pack type (Column M) and week of arrival (Column L), and placing the value in the correct column of the main sheet 'JAZZ'

I now want to be able to EXCLUDE the container numbers (LOADINGS/Column C) which i'll add to a range on the sheet EXCLUSIONS, but i can't fathom what clause to use?!

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I think that this should do it, not done a thorough test though. Must be array confirmed with Ctrl Shift Enter. Formula to go into D10, then drag right.

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(Loading!$K$2:$K$935,Loading!$M$2:$M$935,PackTypes!$A$3:$A$12,Loading!$L$2:$L$935,F$2))-SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(Loading!$K$2:$K$935,Loading!$M$2:$M$935,PackTypes!$A$3:$A$12,Loading!$L$2:$L$935,F$2,Loading!$C$2:$C$935,TRANSPOSE(Exclusions!$A$1:$A$8)))

Upvote 0
This worked first time. Thanks very much!

Can I ask why we need to use transpose in the second sumproduct clause?

thanks again ????????

Upvote 0
Say for a simple example that you have PackTypes a, b and c with Exclusions 1, 2 and 3.

Without transposing, the formula would only look for PackType a and Exclusion 1, PackType b and Exclusion 2 or PackType c and Exclusion 3, it would not look for PackType a and Exclusion 2, PackType a and Exclusion 3, PackType b and Exclusion 1, etc.

Note that you can not have more than 2 criteria lists in a single formula, 1 vertical and 1 horizontal (the horizontal list being the transposed one), all other criteria must be single items.
There are ways to have more lists, but not with functions like sumifs.

Upvote 0
Another possible option (I think)

1. Remove the errors from column L of 'Loading' by amending its formula to
=IFNA(VLOOKUP($I2,Weeks!$A$3:$B$194,2,0),"")

2. Try this formula structure in Jazz
=SUMPRODUCT(Loading!$K$2:$K$935,--ISNUMBER(MATCH(Loading!$M$2:$M$935,PackTypes!$A$3:$A$12,0)),--(Loading!$L$2:$L$935=F$2),--ISNA(MATCH(Loading!$C$2:$C$935,Exclusions!$A:$A,0)))

BTW, I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back