Export one sheet as CSV

Glenn_Suggs

Hi everyone... I'm looking for a way to export (save) one worksheet of many through VBA code. I tried saving as a csv but after changes are made to the rest of the appication, I need to be able to restore the single sheet intact as it was before. The reason is so that individual users can save the working data on the one sheet and restore it after developers have made changes throughout the app. The trick is that each user will have their own working data on the one sheet in their personal copy of the app. Maybe I should try sending the sheet to another workbook altogether until the changes are complete. It might be easier to restore that way. Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Glenn

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I tried saving as a csv but after changes are made to the rest of the appication, I need to be able to restore the single sheet intact as it was before. The reason is so that individual users can save the working data on the one sheet and restore it after developers have made changes throughout the app.
If you do not want to alter the original Excel sheet, you can copy the data to a new workbook and use the "SaveAs" feature to Save as a CSV file.
You should be able to get most of the code you need to do this using the Macro Recorder.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back