Export rows to another sheet if the quantity for a device is not zero

theredjay

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello
I have attached a workbook where I would like to export from the "info" sheet only the rows within the range C2:F60 if the Quantity (column E) for a device is not zero; these rows should be exported to a new sheet within the "example" workbook. Something to note is that the information for the Device Name (Column C) and the Number (Column D) comes from the "data" sheet through a simple formula, so I think the data needs to be exported as values. Thank you

Attachments

• data tab.PNG
    data tab.PNG
    25.5 KB · Views: 8
  • info tab1.PNG
    info tab1.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 8
  • info tab2.PNG
    info tab2.PNG
    30.6 KB · Views: 8
  • info tab3.PNG
    info tab3.PNG
    37 KB · Views: 7
  • info tab4.PNG
    info tab4.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 7
Okay, slightly different approach then. Instead of copying each row at a time and only moving the rows where E>0, we can copy the entire range C2:F60 to the new sheet (to preserve the formatting) then loop through the data and delete the rows where E=0. Currently, it only pastes the values of the formulas, so if you want the formulas to copy over to the new sheet as well we'll have to adjust it a little.

VBA Code:
Private Sub MoveData()
Dim wsA, wsB As Worksheet:      Set wsA = Sheets("info"):     Set wsB = Sheets("New Sheet") 'Change "New Sheet" to the name of the target sheet where data is moved to.
Dim i, lRow&:                   'lRow = wsB.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 1        'Identify the last used row on target sheet and add 1 to get the next empty row.

wsA.Range("C2:F60").Copy
With wsB.Range("C2:F60")
    .PasteSpecial xlPasteColumnWidths
    .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    .PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
End With

'Loop through the range C2:F60 and delete rows where col E = 0.
For i = 60 To 9 Step -1
        If wsB.Range("E" & i).Value = 0 And wsB.Range("E" & i).Value <> "QUANTITY" And wsB.Range("E" & i) <> "" Then
                wsB.Range("C" & i & ":F" & i).Delete Shift:=xlUp
        End If
Next i
End Sub
Its perfect! it does exactly want I need, but something I noticed was if I add more equipment rows, and if many of the equipment rows have zero quantity that the output looks cramped with unnecessary data, would it be possible to remove for example rows 31-51 from the uploaded image?
thank you

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Its perfect! it does exactly want I need, but something I noticed was if I add more equipment rows, and if many of the equipment rows have zero quantity that the output looks cramped with unnecessary data, would it be possible to remove for example rows 31-51 from the uploaded image?
thank you
Yeah, I'll take a look at it later and adjust the code.

Upvote 0
Here is the updated code. Also, look at the attached image to see the range it will delete. Make sure you are consistent when adding equipment sections to keep the formatting the same or it might delete rows you want to keep. Deletes from Total row to 1 row above Equipment name for empty sections.

VBA Code:
Private Sub MoveData()
Dim wsA, wsB As Worksheet:      Set wsA = Sheets("info"):     Set wsB = Sheets("New Sheet") 'Change "New Sheet" to the name of the target sheet where data is moved to.
Dim i&, j&, lRow&:              lRow = wsA.Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row           'Identify the last used row on info sheet.

wsA.Range("C2:F" & lRow).Copy
With wsB.Range("C2:F" & lRow)
    .PasteSpecial xlPasteColumnWidths
    .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    .PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
End With

'Loop through the range C2:F60 and delete rows where col E = 0 and other entire equipment sections if no devices present.
For i = lRow To 9 Step -1
    With wsB
        If .Range("D" & i).Value = "Total" And .Range("F" & i).Value = 0 Then
            For j = i To 8 Step -1
                If InStr(1, .Range("C" & j).Value, "Equipment") > 0 Then
                    .Range("C" & i & ":F" & j - 1).Delete Shift:=xlUp
                    Exit For
                End If
            Next j
        End If
        If .Range("E" & i).Value = 0 And .Range("E" & i).Value <> "QUANTITY" And .Range("E" & i) <> "" Then
            .Range("C" & i & ":F" & i).Delete Shift:=xlUp
        End If
    End With
Next i
End Sub

Attachments

• Capture5.PNG
    Capture5.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back