Exporting data to excel, losing data

Tumoz

Board Regular
Hi all!

I have a problem with exporting data out of Access.

When I export database from Access to Excel file, the amount of data is less than what I would get when i do this manually. How could that be?

I have 3 filters in my query, I press Run! - This gives me total amount of 2459.

and when i do same manually ->
I apply the same filter criteria's to my Excel table (In excel) - This gives me total amount of 2538.

Any ideas? :eek:

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
vague possibility, are the filters applied in a different order. I'm just pondering

If you try with each filter sigulary and see if there are any differences, is the query pulling from exactly the same data base file

Upvote 0
vague possibility, are the filters applied in a different order. I'm just pondering

If you try with each filter sigulary and see if there are any differences, is the query pulling from exactly the same data base file
Thank you for pointing me to this direction. For now it seems that i used two different database. :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
I'm trying to export my database to excel. I use "Count" to determine how many company names i have in my database, this gives me number of "650".
When i'm going to export this database to Excel (Only thing what I do, is I change "Count" to "Group By" to get company names), now it only shows me total amount of "633"?

- Does Access automatically ignore duplicates?
- Am i doing this somehow wrong?

Thanks.

1.Update
- I looked duplicates manually and removed them. It gives me "629" companies. I'm confused.. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
how many rows in the data base, do they all have a company name,

in SQL i would do something like

SELECT Distinct *
FROM Database Name

Last edited:
Upvote 0
how many rows in the data base, do they all have a company name,

in SQL i would do something like

SELECT Distinct *
FROM Database Name
Yes, they all have company names.

I think problem solved.
If i choose only company name, Access removes duplicates. But when i add more fields i get more companies (but these has duplicates, maybe i have duplicate value and one field has phonenumber and second one don't have it.)

Thank you mole999 for your help! :)

Upvote 0
I think problem solved.
If i choose only company name, Access removes duplicates. But when i add more fields i get more companies (but these has duplicates, maybe i have duplicate value and one field has phonenumber and second one don't have it.)
Yes, in order for a record to be considered a "duplicate", every single field displayed must be exactly the same. So if you add phone number to your query, and one record has it and another doesn't, those records will not be considered duplicates.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back