extract data from main sheet to other sheets

gr8trthanu

Board Regular
I have already placed a siniliar question but I think it fell through the cracks or it was to difficult to understand!! I am losing my mind as the hrs tick down and I can't get this done

I have a detailed sheet called "detail"

I have 5 other sheets called "J1" "J2" "J3" "J4" "J5"

The sheets are exactly the same with headers already in. However "detail" sheet has all the detail and the "J" sheets are blank.

I need a macro in a command box that will start on line 5 of the detail section and look in column "D". if either of the "J"s are in column D then the row will be copied, cell colour turns green, and pasted in one of the 5 "J" sheets depending on the value. This process should continue to loop until there are no more lines left in "detail" to copy

I just can't get my head around how to write a macro that will perform this. I have searched through different threads and tried and manipulated a few but I can't get it to work at all. I think I am so frustrated after 8 hrs that

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you so much in advance

desperate me

Hello diablo
so sorry to bother you. I think I am at a point of frustration that nothing is making sense to me. Being new to code Im going crazy. I have posted my code on this the threads of you could just ake a look why I am getting an "object required" error

thank you

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Diablo,
I sorry!!

Is there any chance I can send you the sheet to an email box? I can't run thesoftware to load spreadsheets to the forum. I am fairly new to this, and am going crazy!! My wife thinks I am crazy as well cause I haven't left the computer for a long time

Thanks in Advance
steve

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abitrandom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back