Extracting and Saving Images from Spreadsheet

RockyRobin

Board Regular
Hi

I have a spreadsheet that contains product images in cells in column A. In the matching cell in column B there are product codes. I would like to be able to "batch/bulk" save these images and label them by the corresponding product.

Is this possible. Or is there a different way around this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
No, what's the name of the image that can't be published?

Am not sure which image it is failing at.
The first image it has saved is from row 4 on the spreadsheet, then the 2nd image is on row 15.
All the images inbetween dont appear to have been done. (The first image is on row 2)

Regards

Robin

Upvote 0
Well what's Filename when the code fails? Hover your mouse over it.

Ok I think i see what the issue is. When the macro fails it opens a new workbook and puts the image it was upto in there.
When i go back into the original workbook and find the matching image, it appears that it is actually a hyperlinked image.

I there a workround for this so it saves the image anyway instead of openinng a new workbook and causing a runtime error.

Hope this makes sense.

Upvote 0
What's a 'hyperlinked image'?

As you put you cursor over the image, when you would normally be able to click on the image and have the resize options, as soon as you click on it you are transported to a web page. You have to right click the image to be able to select it.

As a result the name of the image that has been inserted into the file previously (when hovered over) is over 300 hundred characters long and is actually a URL. What appears to be happening is it is saving the image as it should do but when it trys to move on from this point this is where the error occurs.

Hope this makes sense.

Upvote 0
Isn't the filename in the cell to the right of the image?

Hi

Sorry for the slow response. Have managed to try and come across the problem. It appears the macro stops running as it encounters the error " File already Exists" I think this is something to do with hyperlinks, as the dupliate images always appear to be .htm files that are created.
Is there a way to add something to the macro that will allow duplicates or it simply ignores any duplicates.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristinh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back