Lookup within a lookup

TimeForTim

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,

I have a worksheet of products (bedside tables), each with a price and weight table. I would like to be able to lookup the SKU within the worksheet, then lookup a price (or weight) based on the dimensions. I was able to do it with a different set of products (beds) because the secondary attribute (mattress size) was always in the same position. Attached are two images of my worksheets (XL2BB just caused my worksheets to freeze when I attempted to use it). The first is the worksheet of the price and weight tables. The second is the functional lookup sheet. I need to be able to lookup the price and weight from the first sheet in the price and weight columns of the second. What I would like to be able to do is something like the following:

=INDEX("range of BT sheet", MATCH("SKU - here BT000a", "col A of BT sheet", 0), MATCH("dimension", "row of dimensions that correspond to the SKU", 0))

or written differently with the following named ranges

BT_RANGE - range of all cells in the bedside table price/weight table sheet
BT_COL - column A of bedside table sheet - contains the SKUs to be searched

=INDEX(BT_RANGE, MATCH("BT000A", BT_COL, 0), MATCH("12w 8d 6h", ???, 0)

The ??? in the second lookup is where I'm stuck. I know it will be the row from the first look, but I don't know how to dynamically reference that row.

(And there will be added modifiers into the formula to get to the correct row 1-8 (which corresponds to the wood type). I can handle that, but left out for clarity purposes.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 6.50.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 6.50.51 AM.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 7.03.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 7.03.30 AM.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 15
Okay. I understand now. I appreciate your help, but it's not really an option I am considering. It would probably take me just as much time to reorganize the tables as it would to manually input the info.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back