Feasibility Study

Moosgraves

Hi,

I was about to embark into the crazy world of VBA programming for Excel but wanted to conduct a feasibility study first to make sure that what I wanted to do was even possible...

Can I use VBA programming for a macro in Excel to perform all or some of the actions below?
  1. Have a master spreadsheet pull information directly from a data set on another spreadsheet
  2. Have the master spreadsheet automatically adjust to allow for the length of the new data set (i.e., the number of rows and spacing between rows/columns of other data etc.)
  3. Have two data sets form a third data set which combines all the information into a single column
  4. Have rows of duplicated data erased automatically
If this is possible to do, how difficult would this be to write?

Thank you.

--Andrew

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Welcome to the Board!

Yes all of those would be capable of being done in VBA. Number 1 should be pretty easy and you can search the board for pulling data into a master sheet. Number 2 is very easy if you just want it to go into the next blank row, but is pretty simple to also skip rows. Number 3 should be pretty easy also, just search the board for combining data in one column using VBA. Number 4 there is also a lot of literature out on the board and can be done in many of ways.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
It is simple if you know what you are doing. If you don't, the skilling up might make it seem tortuous.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back