FIFO Approximation

ikasama

Hi all, Can i get help on a way to calculate the FIFO Average Cost for a list of SKU's.

Data set has SKU, Q ordered, Price paid, date ordered. Then i have another sheet with the SKU, Current Inventory.

So the calculation would need to look at the current inventory, then, somehow, output the average cost for that inventory by FIFO.

Either by formula or VBA would work for me... I assume, if by formula, it would need an array... but, I can't figure it out...

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi all, Can i get help on a way to calculate the FIFO Average Cost for a list of SKU's.

Data set has SKU, Q ordered, Price paid, date ordered. Then i have another sheet with the SKU, Current Inventory.

So the calculation would need to look at the current inventory, then, somehow, output the average cost for that inventory by FIFO.

Either by formula or VBA would work for me... I assume, if by formula, it would need an array... but, I can't figure it out...

Thanks!

Could you post some data and expected results

Upvote 0
Could you post some data and expected results

abc; 500; 2/1/2012; $3
abc; 750; 3/1/2012; $5
abc; 1000; 10/1/2012; $8

abc; 1999

So, with 1999 being the current inventory on hand, that would be all 1000 of the $8 inventory, all 750 of the $5 inventory and then 249 of the $3 inventory. for a total cost of $12,497; so, dividing that by the 1999 current on hand would be about $6.25 as the average cost of the current on hand inventory.

If the on hand were 1625, it would be $6.85
1100 then $7.73
less than 1000, it would be only the $8 inventory.

Ideally, i would like to have a formula where i can drag down for a long list of SKU's and current on hand.

Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back