Filling blanl spaces

Lawnman

I am working on worksheet that will show service dates on customer sheet. I want to pull dates from input sheet and place only dates that belong on ea customer.
The following allows me to get the right date to the correct customer.
Sheet1(input sheet) Is set up:
B=Date C=Cust. name
B=2/5/02 C=Avant

Sheet2 cell==if(sheet1!c2="Avant",sheet1!b2,"")

This does get the date over, however it is 2 weeks between some service dates so there is a large gap in sheet 2 colume, can anyone help??
Thanks Dennis

Yogi
I got it to work!! However!! I need the info posted on the cust. sheet, and it won't let me post it there.
I am wanting a list of All cust serv dates on their respective sheets.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a limit on the filter?
Thanks for all the help so far.
Dennis

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
On 2002-10-13 13:25, Lawnman wrote:
Yogi
I got it to work!! However!! I need the info posted on the cust. sheet, and it won't let me post it there.
I am wanting a list of All cust serv dates on their respective sheets.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a limit on the filter?
Thanks for all the help so far.
Dennis

Hi Dennis:

... from what I understand, you have 60 customers. I gathered you are recording the transactions in one sheet called Sheet1. If you are doing it in 60 sheets, that is very wasteful, and error prone.

So, whether you have 60 customers or 600 customers, you can do with one transaction file. Then again regardless of the number of customers, you can do with only 1 customer sheet, as I did in my simulations. Now how do you handle different customers, how do you prepare statements for different customers -- I would design one Customer Invoice/Statement/Whatever form, and I would use the Advanced Filter formulation in that sheet -- I would enter first customer's name in the criterion, do AdvancedFIlter, print that report, ... then I enter the second customer's name in the criterion space, run Advanced Filter, print the report, and so on.

Does it make sense Dennis? If you want to do it differently, adapt the formulations we have been talking about to your preferred way of doing it.

Regards!

Yogi

Upvote 0
Yogi
Yes it makes sense! I just thought I could have all the Info on each cust. sheet then I could use Macro to print invoice from inside each sheet.
The layout you gave will prob work, I will use it for a few days and see how well.
Thanks for your patience
Dennis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back