FILTER function within Chart Data Range

Arts

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all

Is it possible within 365 to use the FILTER function within the Chart Data Range? The issue is as I select from the drop down value the range alters but from within the graph the range doesn't seem to adjust accordingly.

I did try to use # within the Chart Data Range aspect and no luck so wondered if this was firstly at all possible and if so what the correct syntax would be ?

How I entered was

1696429221745.png

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Putting your data into an Excel Table takes care of that. Watch this video to see how to do so.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this! I was watching this same video and noticed she had used the FILTER function to get the data to adjust accordingly so was in the process of replicating.

Appreciate you sending this over

Upvote 0
What build and release channel are you on? DA support was added to charts in the Insider builds a while back but I'm not sure it has made it into general release yet.

Upvote 0
Hey Rory

Sorry for my ignorance not sure what you mean by build and release channel. (I am using Excel 365)

I did actually get this working what I was trying to achieve was a bell curve but by using a drop down. I created a Bar graph first and then changed chart type to a scatter which did the trick.

I even managed how to highlight the peak under the graph but the only minor issue I am now having is how to get rid of the marks over the where the line meets the bar and remove the red but again this is minor issue. I have gone into markers and ticked no markers but this still seems to remain

1696934983022.png

Upvote 0
Under File - Account, next to the About Excel button, you should see the Version and Build numbers, and below that the release channel. 365 has lots of different release channels which will affect what the latest version/build available to you are, and that affects what functionality you actually have. It's all very confusing. :)

Upvote 0
I'm glad you said that last bit "It's all very confusing" Thank you for redeeming me !

Release number and build below (seems funny me saying that now seeing as about five mins ago I didn't even know what that meant 😄)

(Version 2208 Build 16.0.15601.20764) 32-bit

Upvote 0
2208 is quite old - are you on the semi-annual release channel?

Upvote 0
I'd have to check with IT to confirm, am at a client site not a personal machine. How old are we talking ?

Upvote 0
It should state the release channel under the version info. That would be from last year sometime but if you’re on the slowest channel, it may be the most current one available.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back