filter the names.

jayanthimurali

Board Regular
I have got different names in a row i want to filter the names according to the names.
for example if i have got ab,bc, db ef fg gh the names ab, ef gh should be in the move to the first, than bc fg next

customer nameaccount number
abcd27587689
lkgh469790
bcda4860870
jaya375879

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
when filtered the names should be

customer nameaccount number
abcd27587689
bcda4860870
lkgh469790
jaya375879

<colgroup><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Your last reply is not clear, "column" and "row" words you have used are confusing me. Can you pls make it clear?

Upvote 0
I can provide suggestions only if you give the clear picture of your result either it affects "full row" or "full column".

Upvote 0
when i input the above formula all the input in the Column "A" is changing to Green and not any other color according to the condition

and one more thing i want is if "A1" is changing to green than i want the full row also to change to green'

Upvote 0
It works fine for me. First you apply that conditional formatting for one cell in your date column (only for one cell and all three colors). While you do it for one cell, pls ensure amending '$A1' the cell you are editing. For example: If you are applying conditional formatting for C3, replace $A1 with $C3 in the formula like given below. And copy the cell, paste only the 'format' to all the cells in the row '3'. Now you can see the changes for entire row. Then again paste only the 'format' to all cells in column 'C' and again to all cells in all columns wherever you have data in that sheet. As per this example, you do not want to edit formula in any cell except C3. You only have to do is simply copy and paste the 'format' alone to entire data all rows and columns. I hope this is more clear.

Green: =(VALUE(MONTH(TODAY()))-VALUE(MID($C3,5,2)))>2
Yellow: =(VALUE(MONTH(TODAY()))-VALUE(MID($C3,5,2)))=2
Red: =(VALUE(MONTH(TODAY()))-VALUE(MID($C3,5,2)))>2

Upvote 0
Thank you Mahesh, i got the result but i want the colour to be full row, and automatically sort all one color together

ABCD
20140811fjhhlcdderkhkfjhkjl

<colgroup><col span="4"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

if A2 is green then i want b2, c2 and d2 also to be green

Upvote 0
Have you done below thing?

"First you apply that conditional formatting for one cell in your date column (only for one cell and all three colors). While you do it for one cell, pls ensure amending '$A1' the cell you are editing. For example: If you are applying conditional formatting for C3, replace $A1 with $C3 in the formula like given below. And copy the cell, paste only the 'format' to all the cells in the row '3'. Now you can see the changes for entire row."

Upvote 0
Thank you Mahesh,

one more option i want is when iam trying to sort by color i have three colours green, yellow and red i want sort them color wise, but in the order we have only two option, top and bottom, how can we sort the colours

one last question i have to do the advance filter each time there is a change in the cells, can get one option if i do the advance filter once and make changed to range cells, it will get automatically copied to the source file

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronaldj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back