Filtering from one workbook, pasting into another

jalrs

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello guys,

I'm new to VBA and therefore i need some help. I would be glad if i found it here.
So, my problem is: I runned a code after doing my search here, but the code misses on something, after i did my changes and debug it. Im filtering from a sheet called "Stock Trânsito" in Workbook1 to paste on a sheet called "pendentes" on a workbook called "STTApoioSP". When i run the code, instead of pasting into cell "A2" it pastes into cell "A21" and brings a value that doesnt match the criteria filter.

My code:

Sub filterAPOIOSP()

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Stock Trânsito").Activate

Dim lastrow As Long, lastrow2 As Long

lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
lastrow2 = Workbooks("STTApoioSP.xlsm").Sheets("pendentes").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

With ActiveSheet.Range("A6:AV" & lastrow)
.AutoFilter Field:=46, Criteria1:="Apoio SP", Operator:=xlFilterValues
.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Workbooks("STTApoioSP.xlsm").Worksheets("pendentes").Range("A2" & lastrow2)

End With

ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode = False

End Sub

Additional questions:
1- If i want to add criteria2, how should i add it into the code?
2- how can i add a specific column from my workbook to this new one? i mean, where do i write it on the code?

thanks in advance!

OK. Try the following & see if it gives you what you're looking for. The code is run from the AnaliseST.xlsm workbook, and the STTApoioSP.xlsm is aleady open at the time of running the code.

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub jalrs2()
    Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook
    Dim ws1 As Worksheet, ws2 As Worksheet
    Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook
    Set wb2 = Workbooks("STTApoioSP")

Set ws1 = wb1.Worksheets("Stock Trânsito")
    Set ws2 = wb2.Worksheets("pendentes")

Dim lr1 As Long, lr2 As Long
    lr1 = ws1.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Row
    lr2 = ws2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Row + 1

With ws1.Range("A6:AV" & lr1)
        .AutoFilter 46, "Apoio SP"
        .AutoFilter 47, "in transit"
        .Offset(1).Copy ws2.Cells(lr2, 1)
        With ws1.Range("BH7:BH" & lr1)
           .Copy ws2.Cells(2, 49)
        End With
        .AutoFilter
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
OK. Try the following & see if it gives you what you're looking for. The code is run from the AnaliseST.xlsm workbook, and the STTApoioSP.xlsm is aleady open at the time of running the code.

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub jalrs2()
    Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook
    Set wb2 = Workbooks("STTApoioSP")

With ws1.Range("BH7:BH" & lr1)
           .Copy ws2.Cells(2, 49)
        End With
        .AutoFilter
    End With
End Sub
Ok so on your code i came to subscript out of range on "set wb2 " so i added ".xlsm" and it was good to go
Also i changed Range ("BH7:BH") to ("BH6:BH") because Headers are on Row5 on WB1, and as you can see on the attachmente, i have the headers sorted already, so don't need to copy them, but only the filtered values. didnt mention it before because thats a small change i could make myself, like i did.

If its still needed, i can make a bogus one, so its easier to sort i believe. could have done it now already, but i think we are on the same page. if not ill make one!

what i got: (unititledJALRS)
what i need: (untitled)

one thing that might have not be clear on my side: BH column from first workbook should only copy the filtered values, so the values that concern "ApoioSP" and are "In transit".

code:
Option Explicit

Sub jalrs()

Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook
Set wb2 = Workbooks("STTApoioSP.xlsm")

Dim lr1 As Long
Dim lr2 As Long

.AutoFilter 46, "ApoioSP"

With ws1.Range("BH6:BH" & lr1)
.Copy ws2.Cells(2, 49)
End With
.AutoFilter

End With
End Sub

Attachments

• UntitledJALRS.png
    UntitledJALRS.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so on your code i came to subscript out of range on "set wb2 " so i added ".xlsm" and it was good to go
Also i changed Range ("BH7:BH") to ("BH6:BH") because Headers are on Row5 on WB1, and as you can see on the attachmente, i have the headers sorted already, so don't need to copy them, but only the filtered values. didnt mention it before because thats a small change i could make myself, like i did.

If its still needed, i can make a bogus one, so its easier to sort i believe. could have done it now already, but i think we are on the same page. if not ill make one!

what i got: (unititledJALRS)
what i need: (untitled)

one thing that might have not be clear on my side: BH column from first workbook should only copy the filtered values, so the values that concern "ApoioSP" and are "In transit".

code:
Option Explicit

Sub jalrs()

Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook

Dim lr1 As Long
Dim lr2 As Long

.AutoFilter 46, "ApoioSP"

.Copy ws2.Cells(2, 49)
End With
.AutoFilter

End With
End Sub

OK. I made a couple of small adjustments to the code, tested it, and it worked for me. See how it goes for you.
Take your time responding if you like - I'm about to go offline for the night. :)

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub jalrs3()
    Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook

With ws1.Range("A5:AV" & lr1)
           .Copy ws2.Cells(2, 49)
        End With
        .AutoFilter
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Works great! Thank you so much!

Final questions regarding the output:

1-Noticed that if i click run macro for x amount of times, it will copy the output for the next empty row that x amount of times, is there a way to prevent this? its like if i double click as a mistake ill get the output duplicated to the first empty row that the macro finds

2- For "ApoioSP" and "em tratamento" i have 27 records, i abused of the 1st question "bug" until the last row with format i had as templated. question is, is there anyway that the format keeps flowing all the way down and doesnt stop on row 220? notice that my pre-set template was customized until row 220, and for columns prior to AW he just keeps reloading, while i think it should reload for all columns

i think the attachment is clear for both 1st and 2nd questions. if not, let me know, ill try to explain myself better. thanks again and good night kevin!

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
Works great! Thank you so much!

Final questions regarding the output:

1-Noticed that if i click run macro for x amount of times, it will copy the output for the next empty row that x amount of times, is there a way to prevent this? its like if i double click as a mistake ill get the output duplicated to the first empty row that the macro finds

2- For "ApoioSP" and "em tratamento" i have 27 records, i abused of the 1st question "bug" until the last row with format i had as templated. question is, is there anyway that the format keeps flowing all the way down and doesnt stop on row 220? notice that my pre-set template was customized until row 220, and for columns prior to AW he just keeps reloading, while i think it should reload for all columns

i think the attachment is clear for both 1st and 2nd questions. if not, let me know, ill try to explain myself better. thanks again and good night kevin!

In answer to your questions:
1. You/we could get the code to clear out any existing data on the "pendentes" sheet before copying new data to it? That way, the data wouldn't continuously 'grow' at each button press.
2. Conditional formatting is one possibility, although I would prefer a VBA approach - have the code copy the formats from (say) row 2 to the full used range after the data has been copied?

Upvote 0
In answer to your questions:
1. You/we could get the code to clear out any existing data on the "pendentes" sheet before copying new data to it? That way, the data wouldn't continuously 'grow' at each button press.
2. Conditional formatting is one possibility, although I would prefer a VBA approach - have the code copy the formats from (say) row 2 to the full used range after the data has been copied?
Hello Kevin! Sorry for late answer!

1-Yes, exactly like a command like cells.clearcontents i would say? when i re-run the macro the first thing its to clear contents. i feel like i should add it on the beginning of the code right?
2-Yes. id say so, from row 2 all the day down. here i actually have no clue how to proceed

Thanks and enjoy rest of the weekend!

Upvote 0
Hello Kevin! Sorry for late answer!

1-Yes, exactly like a command like cells.clearcontents i would say? when i re-run the macro the first thing its to clear contents. i feel like i should add it on the beginning of the code right?
2-Yes. id say so, from row 2 all the day down. here i actually have no clue how to proceed

Thanks and enjoy rest of the weekend!

Regarding question 1, a simple line of code to fix that problem would be:

VBA Code:
ws2.UsedRange.Offset(1).ClearContents

placed immediately after the line

VBA Code:

Regarding question 2, I'm not 100% clear yet on what you need. At the moment, the copy procedure from the AnaliseST workbook to the STTApoioSP workbook will be overwriting any existing formats on the second workbook. So do you mean that you want to ensure the formats on the AnaliseST workbook go down to cover all the data being copied before the copy operation?

Upvote 0
Regarding question 1, a simple line of code to fix that problem would be:

VBA Code:

placed immediately after the line

VBA Code:

Regarding question 2, I'm not 100% clear yet on what you need. At the moment, the copy procedure from the AnaliseST workbook to the STTApoioSP workbook will be overwriting any existing formats on the second workbook. So do you mean that you want to ensure the formats on the AnaliseST workbook go down to cover all the data being copied before the copy operation?

Good morning Kevin, Let's use untitledpng2 as a reference.

Before answering the 1st question, when i re-run macro, the data would copy all the way down like shown there. it also shows there, that after row 220, columns AW-AZ lose their template, while the ones before AW all get the same template as for the rows above 220, including it.

This has nothing to do with AnaliseST workbook tho, since templates are different within workbooks.

It's like if i have more than 220 rows of data here on STTApoioSP, columns AW-AZ would be empty filled, like blank square as shown.
Another way of solving this would be deleting all rows not used after running the macro?

Thank You

Upvote 0
Good morning Kevin, Let's use untitledpng2 as a reference.

Before answering the 1st question, when i re-run macro, the data would copy all the way down like shown there. it also shows there, that after row 220, columns AW-AZ lose their template, while the ones before AW all get the same template as for the rows above 220, including it.

This has nothing to do with AnaliseST workbook tho, since templates are different within workbooks.

It's like if i have more than 220 rows of data here on STTApoioSP, columns AW-AZ would be empty filled, like blank square as shown.
Another way of solving this would be deleting all rows not used after running the macro?

Thank You
OK, try the following code. I think the first addition (deleting existing data on the "pendentes" sheet) works fine - just need to know that the copy-format part is giving you what you want.

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub jalrs4()
    Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook

.Copy ws2.Cells(2, 49)
        End With
        .AutoFilter
    End With

lr2 = ws2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Row
    ws2.Rows("2").Copy
    ws2.Rows("2:" & lr2).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

Upvote 0
OK, try the following code. I think the first addition (deleting existing data on the "pendentes" sheet) works fine - just need to know that the copy-format part is giving you what you want.

VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Sub jalrs4()
    Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook

.Copy ws2.Cells(2, 49)
        End With
        .AutoFilter
    End With

lr2 = ws2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(3).Row
    ws2.Rows("2").Copy
    ws2.Rows("2:" & lr2).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
    Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub
hello Kevin!

i tried it, and this code gives me the following output as attached. on this attachment we did lose the format, as well as the copy range from workbook 1.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back