Finding function code

tvkrys

Board Regular
OK! So, I've made lots of the macros at various times and they are strewn throughout 48 modules.... and now, wongm003 provided a solution for me that has code for a Public Function and it's in a new module (#49) along with a macro I created on the same day. If I want to edit or copy a macro, I don't have to know what module it's in, I just hit {Alt+{F8}}, pick the name of the macro, click on the Edit button, and there it is. But the function code doesn't show up on that list. So, how do I access the code for that function in the future? I doubt if the next time I want to write a similar code that I'll remember that its in Module 49!
TIA, Krys

Quick follow up... Before this all happened, I never had to deal with a window asking me if I wanted to enable or disable the macros everytime I opened a file. Does that mean the security level was set to "low" before all this started? Since I don't share files with anyone and I have virus software installed but do cut and paste things from Mr.Excel, do I need to have Security set at Medium or can I get by with "Low" so I don't have to answer the Enable/Disable question?

TIA, Krys

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
The answer to your question is YES you can get by, by setting the security option to LOW, the only difference is if setting is HIGH macros cannot run, if medium you will be prompted, if LOW no prompt and macros will run,

there will be no difference between Medium and Low to you because if you are using macros you will enable them anyway, just be careful of the code you copy / paste. the only downside to this is if you recieve a workbook you will not be prompted and if the book happens to contain malicious code it wil run

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AppellatePerson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back