Finding info in Pivot Table w/ multiple headers

ExcelAtEverything

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all!

I'm fairly new to Pivot Tables, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to do something. I initially built the table below to only have one set of values (Sum of Line Item Total"). I was going to put all of my other needed info (such as ("Sum of Quantity" & "Distinct Count Of Order ID") into separate tables on separate sheets. But it seems like there's no reason I can see why I shouldn't just add them into this same table. I am however, beginning to foresee a problem coming my way, so I wanted to stop before I go any further.

***Note: Not sure if it matters or not, but all of my query connections are connections only. All the data lives in folders on my desktop.

When I'm done building all of my Pivot Tables, I'm going to extract a bunch of info from all of the tables to build a nice, clean, printable summary dashboard (not referring to Pivot Table dashboard using Pivot Graphs/Charts, etc, but rather using just a standard Excel dashboard that I created). I am aware of the Getpivotdata feature which will come in very handy when trying to grab one cell's info, But how would I (using the screenshot below), for instance grab the total count of Distinct Order ID numbers for store 124? Or pull the same total but for store 128 (which is just off the screen further to the right), and always for "yesterday" no matter the date? It seems like when it comes time to pull that info, I'll need a way to first tell Excel to find the store number, and then once that happens proceed to find the associated Line Item Toal, Sum Of Quantity, etc. But being so used to vlookups and Index, my brain sees a problem with the store number being disjointed from the other column headers.

Hope my question makes sense. Thanks for any help, as I'm not having much luck finding an answer on my own.

1616737614327.png

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back