Finding the percentage if 2 values are true

Fyrdawg

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello..

I am trying to figure out the 90% of a range to response times, if both Z42 and Z58 are true.. I have came up with these two formulas but I keep getting a "You've entered to many arguments for this function".

=PERCENTILE.EXC((IF(AND($C$2:$C$278=$Z$42,if($E$2:$E$278=$Z$58),$O$2:$O$278)),0.9)))

=PERCENTILE.EXC((IF($C$2:$C$278=$Z$42,AND($E$2:$E$278=$Z$58),"",$O$2:$O$278)),0.9)))

Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hi, try this formula
=PERCENTILE.EXC(IF(AND($C$2:$C$278=$Z$42,$E$2:$E$278=$Z$58),$O$2:$O$278,""),0.9)

Upvote 0
=PERCENTILE.EXC(IF(AND($C$2:$C$278=$Z$42,$E$2:$E$278=$Z$58),$O$2:$O$278,""),0.9)
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried this and I get the #VALUE!, error.

Because we cannot use AND in array formulas. Try:

=PERCENTILE.EXC(IF($C$2:$C$278=$Z$42, IF($E$2:$E$278=$Z$58, $O$2:$O$278)), 0.9)

The formula must to be array-entered (press ctrl+shift+Enter instead of just Enter) in some versions of Excel. But maybe not in Office 365 Excel.

Upvote 0
Because we cannot use AND in array formulas. Try:

=PERCENTILE.EXC(IF($C$2:$C$278=$Z$42, IF($E$2:$E$278=$Z$58, $O$2:$O$278)), 0.9)

The formula must to be array-entered (press ctrl+shift+Enter instead of just Enter) in some versions of Excel. But maybe not in Office 365 Excel.
Thank you for this suggestion. I tried this as an array and just by hitting enter and I get the #NUM!, error both ways.

Upvote 0
Thank you for this suggestion. I tried this as an array and just by hitting enter and I get the #NUM!, error both ways.

I forgot to change to format of the cells to custom: h:mm:ss and it worked. However, it isn't computing when there are less then 10 results. This may correct itself once I get more data entered for the next few months.

Thank you again for your help.

Upvote 0
it isn't computing when there are less then 10 results

Less than 9, I think. In any case, it would be prudent to wrap IFERROR around the formula, just in case too few rows meet both conditions.

=IFERROR(PERCENTILE.EXC(IF($C$2:$C$278=$Z$42, IF($E$2:$E$278=$Z$58, $O$2:$O$278)), 0.9), "")

Upvote 1
Solution
Less than 9, I think. In any case, it would be prudent to wrap IFERROR around the formula, just in case too few rows meet both conditions.

=IFERROR(PERCENTILE.EXC(IF($C$2:$C$278=$Z$42, IF($E$2:$E$278=$Z$58, $O$2:$O$278)), 0.9), "")
That cleaned it up nicely.. Thank you again for your help.. I have really struggled to figure out the formula..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back