Football prediction spreadsheet

skully43

Hi, I am trying to put together an Excel spreadsheet for a football compitition I am running at work but quite honestly really do not know where to start. I will try and give you a brief outline of how the compition works Simply predict the final position of every team in the Premiership, plus the top three in the Championship, League One and League Two. Also, predict the winners and runners-up in the FA Cup and League Cup.

Scoring System

You score points based on the difference between your predictions and their actual positions. For example, if you were to predict Reading to end 13th and they end 19th, then you score 6 points. Similarly, if you were to predict West Ham to end 1st and they end 9th, then you score 8 points. In the FA Cup and League Cup, points are scored based on which round your prediction is knocked out of the competition.

what I am after is a spreadsheet that I can enter scores throughout the season and that works out where the people in the compition currently stand

any help very very gratefully recieved

Ash

OK, that's done, I can't upload from work so will try and do it tonight after college.

If you have a specific number of contestants let me know & I'll add the sheets and re-do the table.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Formula

thank for that, really appreceate it, I am currently running two competitions, one with 7 people in it and another with 45!

drop us an email at ashley_37uk@hotmail.com if your ever looking for work we always have openings here for good staff

Upvote 0
Spread Sheets

These two spread sheets are exactly what I need, thanks very much for doing this, really appreceated

Ash

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back