Formatting Confusion

CraigWolfenden

Hello All,

I am not getting the desired result from formatting, and I was hoping someone could help, or point me in the right direction.

I have created a spreadsheet full of formula's, using mainly two trypes of formula "VLOOKUP" and "IF" formulas.

I have created several spreadheets that change the data in the cells depending on what number is entered in cell A5, B5 etc.

To get the formatting correct I was hoping to create a macro to goto "Tools" -> "Rows" -> "Auto Fit"

However every time I do this the cells end up being a riduculous size, one of the entries in a cell contains:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 105pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=140 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 105pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5120" width=140><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 180pt" height=240><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 105pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 180pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=140 height=240>At least Annually. Check to ensure all works staff has received training & tasks adequately assessed.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is the longest text field in that row.

I am so close to finishing now, and am finding this really annoying, any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I'm not certain but could you include Word Wrap in you macro as well and then specify column width ??

Upvote 0
I have tried word wrap, but the cells will not enlarge. I presume it is to do with using a formula, but I am not sure.

On the master sheet (where all the data/text is stored) everything works fine.

It is just so frustrating being so close yet so far!:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Is there a way I can specify row height depending on what number is entered in A5, then b5 etc? That may be a work around.

Upvote 0
Thank you Micheal for your reply, although I have just worked out why things are not working!

Some of my hidden cells were I am containing information were too small. So that is why I was getting that result.

Thank you, but I have now recified the problem.

Upvote 0
Hi
Glad you got it sorted....cell sizing can be such a pain !!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmac

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back