Formula if match doesn't work

Boris7265

Board Regular
Hi,
I have a large worksheet and to perform my job -I am a staff accountant in construction firm, I need to match value of cell Q to value of the range of Coolum G and H ( they have 1000 rows) and if the value match to value if Cell Q has matches to the range i would like to put in adjusted cell P "no need tp record " and if id doesn't have a Matich "need to be recorded". I set in cell p a formula =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($O3, $G$1:$H$1500,0)),"No Need Record","Need record"). I copied it down in column 0 but it is only gives a result "need record" and I know there also a match . How can i fix it, thank you so much!!!!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Hi,
I have a large worksheet and to perform my job -I am a staff accountant in construction firm, I need to match value of cell Q to value of the range of Coolum G and H ( they have 1000 rows) and if the value match to value if Cell Q has matches to the range i would like to put in adjusted cell P "no need tp record " and if id doesn't have a Matich "need to be recorded". I set in cell p a formula =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($O3, $G$1:$H$1500,0)),"No Need Record","Need record"). I copied it down in column 0 but it is only gives a result "need record" and I know there also a match . How can i fix it, thank you so much!!!!
in Cell P3 put this and try -

Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIF($G3:$H3,$Q3)>=1,"No Need Record","Need record")

Upvote 0
The match function will only accept a 1D array (ie a single row or column) which is why it doesn't work. Try
Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIFS($G$1:$H$1500,$O3),"No Need Record","Need record")

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
It works ,

Thank you so much!!!!

Boris
Boris thanks for your update

But probably you marked wrong post as solution - Choose either that Fluff gave or I gave as solution, so that other visitors know which was the correct solution.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
@Boris7265 you need to mark the thread that helped you the most, not the one saying it worked. Especially as you haven't said which one worked & they do two completely different things.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back