formula in table

sbaily

Board Regular
hi

can anyone help me with this?
i am wanting to put a formula in access but to be in the table rather than the form.
I want to create and If formula to look at one date in one cell and minus it against todays date. but if a further date has been entered into a different cell then use that date rather than todays date.

is this possible?

cheers

You are not getting any results because the [Avg Of UnitPrice] and [Sum Of UnitSold] are not fields in your query. In order for the formula to work, these must be fields in your query. Where are they located?

Alan

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Sorry, let me try this again.

SELECT DISTINCTROW Products.ProductName, ItemsTable.Items, [Inventory Transactions].TransactionDate, [Inventory Transactions].TransactionDescription, Avg(Products.UnitPrice) AS [Avg Of UnitPrice], Sum([Inventory Transactions].UnitsSold) AS [Sum Of UnitsSold], Sum([Inventory Transactions].UnitsShrinkage) AS [Sum Of UnitsShrinkage], [Avg Of UnitPrice]*[Sum Of UnitSold]
FROM Products INNER JOIN (ItemsTable INNER JOIN [Inventory Transactions] ON ItemsTable.Items = [Inventory Transactions].Species) ON Products.ProductID = [Inventory Transactions].ProductID
GROUP BY Products.ProductName, ItemsTable.Items, [Inventory Transactions].TransactionDate, [Inventory Transactions].TransactionDescription;

Upvote 0
What happens when you change the Distinctrow to a select query, ie. drop Distinctrow from the query.

Alan

Upvote 0
What happens when you change the Distinctrow to a select query, ie. drop Distinctrow from the query.

Alan

I am not sure how to do this. I just usually start with the Wizard, then select what I think I need and go from there.
Would it be easier to try and do this from the reports side? Also, if some of the values (UnitPrice) are not filled yet would this affect the outcome?
Thanx

Upvote 0
I am not sure how to do this. I just usually start with the Wizard, then select what I think I need and go from there.
While in SQL, just remove the Distinct Row.

Would it be easier to try and do this from the reports side? Also, if some of the values (UnitPrice) are not filled yet would this affect the outcome?
Thanx

If there are null values, then Access doesn't know what to do in a calculation. You will have to add the NZ function to the calculation to tell Access what to do if the field it is calculating on is not populated.

Here is a link to look at how to use the NZ function
http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/advanced/nz.php

Alan

Upvote 0
While in SQL, just remove the Distinct Row.

If there are null values, then Access doesn't know what to do in a calculation. You will have to add the NZ function to the calculation to tell Access what to do if the field it is calculating on is not populated.

Here is a link to look at how to use the NZ function
http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/advanced/nz.php

Alan

Ok, this is what I did. Instead of summing/avg on the query, I simplified it to UnitPrice and UnitsSold.
Then I put the expression Expr1: (Products.UnitPrice)*[UnitsSold] as it seems that UnitPrice is on 2 of the tables
Then I was able to add the values in my Report. As for the Null value, for now I just put in a value and will research the null value thing on the weekend. (I did not want my head to explode!)
Thank you very much Alan.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back