Formula required

fahrer64

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
first-time poster so apologies in advance if I miss any protocols or use the wrong jargon.

I've uploaded a screenshot of part of my data to illustrate my question (I ran into a problem trying to install XL2BB add-in).

Row 32 is a composite pack of 10 books - it's price is the sum of the price of the 10 books in the pack. At the moment I've calculated its value as =B2+B3+B4+B5+B6+B7+B8+B9+B10+B11
However, I manilpualate the rows above a lot (re-sort them etc) so the value in Cell B32 changes to the sum of the values moved into cells B2:B11.

Appreciate some help with a better formula for cell B32 that won't change when the rows above it are re-sorted.

thnx

N

Attachments

• xl-image.png
    xl-image.png
    29 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Perhaps
Excel Formula:
= SUM($B$2:$B$11)

Upvote 0
Thanks arthur but that doesnt work when I resort the rows.

N

Upvote 0
To clarify, all the rows 2-30 might be re-sorted. I guess I need a formula along the lines of:

value of Cell B32 = (value in column B if value in colum C = SKUxx1) + (value in column B if value in colum C = SKUxx2) + (value in column B if value in colum C = SKUxx3) etc etc

N

Upvote 0
Hi, how do we logically know which books belong in which pack? Or do you want to hard code the list of SKUs that belong to the pack into the formula? (I imagine such a formula would be quite cumbersome and difficult to maintain!)

Upvote 0
Let's start with the assumption that Books in rows 2-11 belong in a pack referred to in Row 32.

N

Upvote 0
Hi, if that is all you've got to work with (the row the SKU happens to currently be in) then the suggestion in post#2 is about as good as you can get!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back