Formula to combine email addresses from same company to a single line

mdelvacch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a column of email addresses of employees at different companies and some companies have up to 20 emails on file (different names but same suffix). If a company has multiple addresses they show going down the list as A1- address1; A2- address1 | address2; A3- address1 | address2 | address3 etc. (it must be formatted this way to import the info into a template)

There are also companies with a singular address, which is just a singular email address in the cell by itself.

What I need is to only be left with a singular cell for each company, effectively singling out the last row per company (which contains every relevant email address for each company)
AS WELL AS bringing over the singular email addresses (ones that don't have multiple addresses per company)

I've tried trimming the column and using the formula =IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",A1)),,A1) to complete this but it works for maybe 70% of the companies with multiple addresses and not at all for companies with a singular address (which i figured)

Any help on this would be awesome as I have little to no prior excel experience and I've been stuck on it for longer than I'd like to admit.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Does this formula do what you want...
Excel Formula:
=IF(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1&" ")-1)=LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A2&" ")-1),"",A1)

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back