Formula to reflect name in header table

snmark

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hi
ive created a very simple table with four names in the top row in seperate columns, B,C,D, and E.. under each name is a golf score, eg: 82,87,79, 92. Column A has the date for each round. I'd like a formula in column F rows extending down to show the name of the winner of each weeks score ie: the lowest score showing the persons name! Who won that weeks game. Thank you.

stephen

Hi Rory, what if I wanted to show in the next columns rows the names of the ones coming second, third and fourth! Do I add something after the "MIN" like +2 in the formula? and put that formula in the next row etc: or am I being too simplistic, probably!:)
Thanks again

Stephen

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hi Rory
I was wondering if it would be possible to add something to the formula that would add the names of second, third and fourth in the row in subsequent columns. ie the lowest score would be the winner with others scores coming in 2nd, 3rd and 4th if you get what I mean! The new formula going into the row and each column. the columns being numbered 1,2,3 and 4.
Thanks again for your help.

Stephen

Upvote 0
Do you still want ties to end up in the same cell(s)? If so, let's say you have two tied for first; should the next name go in slot 2 or slot 3 (since there are 2 better players)? The latter is easier as that's what a RANK formula would return.

Upvote 0
Do you still want ties to end up in the same cell(s)? If so, let's say you have two tied for first; should the next name go in slot 2 or slot 3 (since there are 2 better players)? The latter is easier as that's what a RANK formula would return.
Yes please Rory, sounds much better, thank you.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Oh my gosh Rory, that's exactly what I meant. Genious!
Thank so very much.
stephen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back