Formulas for a project for a kids camp

andrewoneill3

Hello, I am reaching out to all the wonderfully helpful people on this site with another request. I have already received some excellent help with one of the formulas I needed. Here is another problem I have here:

Essentially I am trying to make a smart chart with formulas to automatically fill out a camper chore chart that otherwise can take hours to create correctly.

Here is my attempt at explaining what I need.

On one page, I have a few different lists of names of campers:
AmandaAndrewLuisa
TomTristanMargaux
LilyEmilyHuxley
QuinnAnnabelPaul
JohannaGeorgeTalia
WilliamRebeccaCody

<tbody>
</tbody>

Below is what our chore chart looks like. Here is what I am looking for formulas for.

• I am hoping to fill all of the cells randomly with equal use of all names
With the following exceptions:

*Number of waiters at each table needs to change depending on the number of campers:
  • If there are between 8-14 campers total (referring to the table above), I would only want the first 2 cells of the breakfast lunch and dinner waiter chore cells to be randomly equally filled.
  • If there are between 15-21 campers total (referring to the table above), I would only want the first 3 cells of the breakfast lunch and dinner waiter chore cells to be randomly equally filled.
  • If there are between 22-28 campers total (referring to the table above), I would only want the first 4 cells of the breakfast lunch and dinner waiter chore cells to be randomly equally filled.
  • If there are between 29-35 campers total (referring to the table above), I would only want the first 5 cells of the breakfast lunch and dinner waiter chore cells to be randomly equally filled.
  • If a camper is a morning animal feeder, they cannot be a breakfast waiter or a lunch waiter.
  • Each camper needs to go animal feeding once, no one goes twice.
  • If a camper is a breakfast, lunch, or dinner waiter, the camper cannot also be a dishwasher for that meal. For example, if they are a breakfast waiter, they cannot be a breakfast dishwasher for that same meal.
  • If we go on a hike on one of the days and I don't need waiters or dishwashers, I need to be able to hide the contents of that specific range of cells.
  • One camper should not be a waiter for more than two meals per day.

photo%281%29.JPG

Ideally, with this all working, you would be able to type in random names into the cells like in the table above and have those names randomly fill the cells with the names with all of the exceptions mentioned.

I understand I am asking many questions here. Any help would be awesome! I am just not sure how to approach this and am looking for some help and guidance.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgp19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back