Front End Support for Ms Access Login Form

Santhosh23

Hi

I have created a Login form in Access Database in which the users can log in to enter the work information like how much time and which job they worked on particular day , this data is stored in a table . How can I make the users to use this form , I dont want access to be installed on every machine..I want to give something like a URL so that the users can use it..

Can anybody help me which software I can use for creation of website so that it can be compatible with ms access ...I basically need to create a front end application and connect ms access project in the back end scenario..

thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
you make a frontEnd , that has a macro, AUTOEXEC.
in the macro, 1 command, openform frmTimeEntry

download and install MICROSOFT ACCESS RUNTIME. This is free. Install it on each person's PC, then give them the link to your frontend db.
it will launch.

Go Here: Download Microsoft Access 2013 Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center

@ranman256...Thanks for the response. My manager needs something like URL so that he can skip the part of installing RT in several machines..when i googled i found that i can use ASP.NET framework to connect with ms access..again but i need some guidelines from experts so i posted here..do you think is there any options??

Upvote 0
I assume you have already spit the database into a front end and back end. Is that correct.

Can anybody help me which software I can use for creation of website so that it can be compatible with ms access

First you will need a Windows server running IIS.

If you have Sharepoint you could create a Access web app that will run in a browser (URL).

I would recommend using .NET. If you have never done any .NET development then you will have a huge learning curve. It is a lot different than Access VBA.

If you will have more that a few using running the app in a browser then you really should upsize the back end to SQL Server. You can still have an Access front end that connects to the same database.

Note: .NET is beyond the scope of the forum/site.

Upvote 0
I assume you have already spit the database into a front end and back end. Is that correct.

First you will need a Windows server running IIS.

If you have Sharepoint you could create a Access web app that will run in a browser (URL).

I would recommend using .NET. If you have never done any .NET development then you will have a huge learning curve. It is a lot different than Access VBA.

If you will have more that a few using running the app in a browser then you really should upsize the back end to SQL Server. You can still have an Access front end that connects to the same database.

Note: .NET is beyond the scope of the forum/site.

@HiTechCoach....Hi..thanks for the response ..I didn't split my database into front and back end .I created a login form where people login and navigate to subform to enter few information which gets stored in the table. From your comments I believe i should use .NET to connect to my access database. I am able to extract the data's from Access table (Stored table) .May I know what is the difference in using SQL Server and Access database for storing information.

Upvote 0
It is critical that you split he database into a front end and back end or development will be very difficult.

See my article here: Splitting your Access database into application and data

This will also make it a lot easier to upsie the back end to an SQL server when you outgrow the user and size limits of an Access back end.

May I know what is the difference in using SQL Server and Access database for storing information.

That really goes beyond the scope of the original post. You really should ask your new question in a separate post.

Upvote 0
It is critical that you split he database into a front end and back end or development will be very difficult.

See my article here: Splitting your Access database into application and data

This will also make it a lot easier to upsie the back end to an SQL server when you outgrow the user and size limits of an Access back end.

That really goes beyond the scope of the original post. You really should ask your new question in a separate post.

@HitechCoach ..Thanks for the response..I got that..actually I splitted my db yest into front end , back end and it is working fine..i ll read your article for info ..thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiansth

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back