FTP Macro

dave8

I need to build a macro to FTP and download some files on a site (I have userid and password) to my computer. Is there a way to do this? There are specific files that I want to download, for example, fileA, fileB, fileC, etc. These files will be placed in my c:\folder1\subfolder2\..

Anyone familar with this to help?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
You may want to consider providing a few more details about what you are dealing with. For example, for my website's domain I have an FTP primary account with my login name and password. With my server I maintain a couple dozen FTP accounts to serve my clients when large files are involved.

I use FileZilla for this. So, would part of your request here involve an external app such as FileZilla to open and login with, and also, would you be signing in as the primary account holder with a particular subaccount relating to the files you want to grab. I am not so sure that VBA and/or API would be a reliable conduit for what you want to do, depending on how complex the login name, password, and domain ftp address are to convey to the medium by which you'd be pulling in the files.

Upvote 0
I am using FileZilla and will be signing in as primary account holder. I have the userid and password along with the ftp domain address. Once signed in, through, I will need to provide some parameters for downloading specific files. That is, I will need to go to a specific folder on the remote site and download certain files.

With this information, is it possible to do this in VBA?

Upvote 0
I am using FileZilla and will be signing in as primary account holder. I have the userid and password along with the ftp domain address. Once signed in, through, I will need to provide some parameters for downloading specific files. That is, I will need to go to a specific folder on the remote site and download certain files.

With this information, is it possible to do this in VBA?

I honestly don't know and have not tried it. At this point, a google search for opening FileZilla programmatically would be a logical next step. I'll keep an eye on this thread and do a little muckraking myself, as it's been a topic I've wondered about, but just never got around to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anniewonder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back