Generate list from Dropdown Bar

holt0222

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to create a drop down menu on the MOR Calculation Sheet from the Officer List Sheet. I have already created the dropdown menu now I just need to figure out how to make it so that when I select the person from the drop down, it generates the list for everyone under them into the MOR Calcuation.

Officer List

MOR Calculator 2022 Help.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ
1Ward RalphCook TimCraigs DonThomas RandalRemington JamisonCorbin RowanJacqueline HardyBenjamin GutierrezAl PowellVerna HansenAlejandro BallCary PetersonErika HubbardAdrian BriggsCarolyn GilbertErica LunaBillie Pope
2Debbie BuchananCarmen OwenJacquelyn PhelpsBetsy BallTheresa EdwardsMelody RiveraTyrone ChambersRicky BriggsCarrie PrattArmando FloresBrenda ParkGuadalupe BallardLatoya HopkinsRoberta ClarkeKenneth MayShirley WelchSonya Caldwell
3Gene EricksonWillard BoydMercedes SteeleCristina TerryWendell ButlerMario CollinsPreston BurnsKevin McbrideWillie MatthewsAllison SchmidtPaul PadillaGail SuttonDoyle BuchananDouglas GardnerClarence ColemanNadine GrossLora Gomez
4Jeffery ToddDixie GeorgeMuriel JimenezEstelle YatesMargie BlairEleanor WeaverLori FisherAlfred ButlerNettie WaltonCurtis BellAgnes NortonGarrett GuzmanLorraine RichardsonMarvin HillCurtis PatrickMax NorrisDaisy Powell
5Frederick ColemanKen OliverHenrietta WoodsGrady JohnstonMarlon LucasAlicia ThompsonBessie JohnstonShelley GrantJavier BeckerKari KingNathaniel TerryPaul KingCarolyn OlsonFrank CollierBlake CarterCory OrtegaWalter Gutierrez
6Erica DouglasErnestine SandovalIrma PrattBethany HughesLewis ColemanCecelia AbbottPatti PittmanJohanna HartOlivia MaloneDustin MorenoFranklin GrantMaggie ChristensenCamille KimJacob HoustonErvin Stanley
7Marjorie MontgomeryJoanna HarrisLori LeonardGarry ColemanEloise HenryAntoinette ZimmermanKimberly McguireSally FrazierBrooke BurtonHarvey HolmesJoel GrossMiriam Gonzales
8Julian GreeneFlora BradleyPaul NewmanPeter LucasDixie StephensNina BensonMatthew Jefferson
9Margarita LoweJeremy JohnsonKendra Bryan
Officer List

MOR Calculation

MOR Calculator 2022 Help.xlsx
ABC
1Ward RalphMORPass FET
MOR Calculation
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
A1List=Supervisors

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

How is 'Supervisors' defined?

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

How is 'Supervisors' defined?
Supervisors is simply A1:Q1 in the Officer List

Upvote 0
Thanks for updating your details. (y)

Check the table name of the table in Officer List (Table1 in my workbook) to see if this does what you want.

holt0222.xlsm
A
1Ward Ralph
2Debbie Buchanan
3Gene Erickson
4Jeffery Todd
5Frederick Coleman
6Erica Douglas
7Marjorie Montgomery
8Julian Greene
9Margarita Lowe
MOR Calculation
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A9A2=LET(f,FILTER(Table1,Table1[#Headers]=A1),FILTER(f,f<>""))
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks for updating your details. (y)

Check the table name of the table in Officer List (Table1 in my workbook) to see if this does what you want.

holt0222.xlsm
A
1Ward Ralph
2Debbie Buchanan
3Gene Erickson
4Jeffery Todd
5Frederick Coleman
6Erica Douglas
7Marjorie Montgomery
8Julian Greene
9Margarita Lowe
MOR Calculation
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A9A2=LET(f,FILTER(Table1,Table1[#Headers]=A1),FILTER(f,f<>""))
Dynamic array formulas.
Thank you very much that has solved the issue that I was running into.

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Thanks for the follow-up. :)

Upvote 0
You're welcome. Thanks for the follow-up. :)
So I have run into an issue with the formula. My work uses an older version, 2016, and it does not support the Filter function. Any idea on the best way to correct this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebc9

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back