tinferns

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Below is my formula:
=HYPERLINK("mailto:"&G9&"?subject="&$B$1&TEXT(I9,"Mmm-yyyy")&"&cc="&$B$2&"&body="&P9,"Send email")

G9 - Consists of valid Email address.
B1 - Valid Subject line
I9 - Consists of Date converted in MM-YYYY format
B2 - Valid Email address
P9 - consists of IF formula - which is linked to another cell with HTML tag - ="Hi "&[@[First Name]]&"%0ASharing your QC score for "&TEXT(H9,"Mmm-yy")&"%0A%0AYour score is: "&TEXT(M9,"0.00%")&"%0A%0APlease work towards getting scores of 95% or higher.%0A%0A%0AThanks,%0A%0AMartin"

Is this error due to crossing the 255 character mark? Is there any workaround besides having to reduce the number of words?

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
What is in H9?
Try Excel's Formula Evaluate and ensure the input is correct.

Upvote 0
Hi Dave.. thanks for your quick response. H9 - consists of a name. And it is in the correct format. Let me add more info on P9 (I think this is the culprit!)

P9 =IF([@[Accuracy Score]]>=95%,[@Good],[@Bad])

Column Good ="Hi "&[@[First Name]]&"%0ASharing your QC score for "&TEXT(H9,"Mmm-yy")&"%0A%0AYour score is:
"&TEXT(M9,"0.00%")&"%0A%0AGood Job!%0A%0A%0AThanks,%0A%0AMartin"

Column Bad = ="Hi "&[@[First Name]]&"%0ASharing your QC score for "&TEXT(H9,"Mmm-yy")&"%0A%0AYour score is: "&TEXT(M9,"0.00%")&"%0A%0APlease aim for 95% or more.%0A%0A%0AThanks,%0A%0AMartin"

Tried Evaluate.. did not give me a clear understanding. I made a few modifications and now I am NOT getting an error for rows where P9 has picked up GOOD data. If you notice the string is longer in Column Bad than Column Good. If I remove the sentence "Please aim for 95% or more" from Column Bad, the #VALUE! error goes off. Is there any way out?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi, if this..

=LEN("mailto:"&G9&"?subject="&$B$1&TEXT(I9,"Mmm-yyyy")&"&cc="&$B$2&"&body="&P9)

Returns a number greater than 255 then that is your problem as the length of the "link location" is limited to 255 characters.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back