Golf Skins Scorecard - Multiple criteria

Buks69

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I am building a scorecard system for our annual golf day. Everything is working, but then the curve ball came where the want a skins format and the holes that are squared should be carried over. That where my scorecard failed me.
I used a if formula that determine which team is winning the hole, the data is in a table adjacent to the table below. In that table the values are determined based on shots played and handicap, player a is a 18 and he played 4 on hole 1 (par 4) and he gets 3 points etc. The formula in the score cell is if(AB7>AB10;B2;0). B2 is the skin value and AB7 and AB10 are the highest scores of each team, based on handicap.
1. Hole 1 has been won by team AB and they must get four points for the skin and team CD gets 0 the value 4 for the skin.
2. Hole 2 was halved and the points (7) will be carried over to hole 3.
3. Hole three was won by team CD and they will get the points for hole 2 and 3, hence getting 8 points
4. The problem is that i have the If function in the score cell. Is there a way to keep the score function in tact and enhance the formula to determine the following if hole 2 score are zero for both teams. Then the formula IF(AB7>AB10;B2;0) must include the criteria but only sum it to the highest value.
If you can assist me it will be appreciated.
Thank you
Buks
Hole12345
Skin Value47169
Par45345
Player A (18)453
Player B (24)664
Score300
Player C (12)563
Player D (18)552
Score20??

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Morning,

If there are any questions I am more than willing to email my excel document to someone who can assist me.

Kind Regards

Buks Botha

Upvote 0
Hi there,
I have solved the issue by using the skins value row instead of the score row.
Problem has been solved
Thanks

Upvote 0
I think one reason why you may not have gotten any responses to this is because you posted it in the "Test Here" forum.
This is a forum that is just for users to test their posting skills (and not really ask questions they want answered).
You want to be sure to post all questions you would like answered in the appropriate forum (usually the "Excel Questions" forum).

EDIT: Moved to "Excel Questions", 2/22/2017.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
would you be willing to email me the file that solved your issue? I'm having a similar issue with my golf scorecard and just can't figure out the "skins carryover".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back