Good Excel Practical Jokes, Pranks, Mean Tricks, etc.

Who needs enemies when you have friends like you guys!

I don't know how to do this, but you randomise the Save icon in the toolbar so that it functions correctly 97% of the time & the other times it displays a message "Execution Error - All data has been lost" and system shuts down.

Another goody is to display following message when you click on the precedent auditing toolbar "Where the f#@% did that go? Have you got a clue? If so please enter here"

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I guess I will be the wet blanket.

I'm an on the job training user of Excel and I now know enough about workbook macros and a few other toys to realize that it is possible to screw someone's 'puter up real bad.

I also know that doing so would be childish.

I guess I will be the wet blanket.

I'm an on the job training user of Excel and I now know enough about workbook macros and a few other toys to realize that it is possible to screw someone's 'puter up real bad.

I also know that doing so would be childish.

The point is not to mess up someone's computer really bad but rather to play a joke on them. I work in an office were we constantly play jokes on each other from turning out the bathroom light on each other to putting old pizza in each others desk drawers. Whats wrong with playing a few jokes via XL?

STaCase,
I wouldn't go so far as to say it's childish, but I do agree that someone with a little knowledge and a practical joke fetish, could really cause some damage.

As far as humor goes, a buddy of mine, who was a VB programer, created a ultility that that replaced the start button program in win 98. He put his own program in that turned on the PC speaker(Even if muted), and pumped the volume to 100%. It then played a wave file that said.

"I'M SURFING ****"

Made things at the office fun for a while.:)

Another time, he took a picture of one of our less then liked employees, and modified it so that the eyes would roll left and right randomly, while the mouth would move to the sound's of Elmer Fudd singing pop culture song(Can't remember the name). I almost pissed myself watching that one.

So, humor does have it's place.
PS-'Course the guy who did this stuff is no longer with us.:)

Cal

Hi guys,

New here, love the site has proved useful on a few occasions.

Just 1 to add to this thread:

How about moving the cursor the opposite way to the mouse move?
Couple this with the randomizer that goes wrong more and more times throughout the week?

Talking of having the cursor go the wrong way... I once trained a group of Word users. One of them had taught herself to use the mouse so the buttons faced towards her, instead of away from her.
When you do that all mouse movements are reversed, and I have NO idea how long it took her to get used to it! She was pretty fluent...

Denis

erik, loved the macro you wrote (bleeding_nose). I added a couple little things to the beginning (some of it being from previous entries):

Answer = MsgBox("WARNING! Microsoft Anti-Virus has detected an unknown executable known as BLEEDING_NOSE.drk.dll. A system reboot is required to remove this file. Do you wish to reboot now?", vbYesNo, "Microsoft Anti-Virus Alert")
If Answer = vbNo Then
MsgBox "Boolean Integrity comprised. Files corrupted.", vbCritical, "WARNING"
Else
MsgBox "Boolean Integrity comprised. Files corrupted.", vbCritical, "WARNING"
End If

I added it to my coworkers personal macro workbook (making it start up everytime excel was opened). Histerical!! :biggrin: I think he probably rebooted 2-3 times and was about ready to call our 'help-desk' before I jumped in to save the day :cool: After the beans were spilled he was a bit embarrased....but still cool about it none the less.

Props for the great code!

ROFL sooo evil. But props to Erik, that was a fairly nice one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back