Good Excel Practical Jokes, Pranks, Mean Tricks, etc.

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
This is similar to at least one I saw earlier in this thread but different enough to warrant a mention, I think.

My first computer mentor, back in the mid-1980s, had an "evil genius" streak. He was given the task one day of devising an automated training program to re-train new employees who were having trouble with even the most basic operation of the computer system.

He didn't use a spreadsheet, but it could have easily been done with Excel, had it been around at that time.

I forget what he wrote it in, but the upshot was that the user had to type in their name as part of the login, and the program would call them by their first name when they answered a question correctly. "Very good, Betty, let's try another one."

He also rigged it so that, when they got one wrong, the first name was replaced with "dumba$$" (edited for the board), so that an error got you, "No, dumba$$, try again."

He only left it in place a few days before better judgement prevailed, but oh, the possibilities.

This would be really mean to do... Put funny to ponder

Code:
Option Explicit
Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
    On Error GoTo Err_Hnd
    Dim ws As Excel.Worksheet
    For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
        ws.UsedRange.Replace "John Doe", "Lunk-Head", xlPart, xlByRows, False
    Next ws
    Exit Sub
Err_Hnd:
End Sub

Just saw one...

A guy amused himself by taking a screenshot of the user's desktop, using it as the wallpaper, Autohiding all the icons and Startbar, and oberving as they clicked away on the image.

Denis

simple one.
when a surname was type everywhere in a cell, the first letter will become lowercase.

Just saw one...

A guy amused himself by taking a screenshot of the user's desktop, using it as the wallpaper, Autohiding all the icons and Startbar, and oberving as they clicked away on the image.

Denis
ROFL! That's great. :LOL:

this trick is hard to detect by an ordinary user.
when a user leave his/her machine, set-up a Scheduled Task to open as many excel file you want the same time ( I've set it up daily ).

Just saw one...

Denis

Isn't that what Pook described roughly four years ago on this same thread?

Yep and it was classic back then too. I can remember doing that to people clear back in like '98 :) Some things just never get old.

What about placing a default . in cell IV65536? When they start printing with out setting a print area . . . well, you get the idea. Enviro nuts wouldn't like it too much, but it would drive the user crazy. Hopefully, they would cancel the print job before the end. Some people would never figure that out. And it wouldn't destroy the files on the computer like a virus can. Just a little harmless . ...:devilish:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enero1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back