Help By multiple form

Lekke007

Hi, I need some help by a multiple form for an automated document, useable in school. (quarterly rapport)

First of all, we are tired to modify for a certain school numerous times their content and skills. So, it has to be automated.

I tought it would be easy to create a table with radiobuttons, so everybody can select wich theme fits to wich cours (say, under English select Grammar, Vocab....)
But the issue for the second controlbox was much difficult. Take the same ex. you can say the English has the course Grammar and under Grammar you have 3 other points....

How can I create this second form, with formulas, easy to correct?

I have to create a multiple form and it's really important, because otherwise my points are wrong calculated.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hello, Lekke007
Welcome to the Board !!!!!

can you clarify a bit more ?
do you mean you've got some lists and sublists ?
did you ever use userforms ?

this looks a but like dependent comboboxes, but your question is rather vague
take a look at this "famous" thread
(the link is already pointed to the "most relevant post")
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewt...=0&postorder=asc&highlight=cascading&start=26
for a technique using comboboxes
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=152281&start=5

my suggestion would be to take it step by step
what would you like to do first ?

kind regards,
Erik

Upvote 0
step by step

So Erik,

It seems to be that we are close neighbours. :biggrin:
You live in the town I grew up.

But don't spoil other's pleasure of having your advise.

First of all:

I need a usefriendly way to create a group and it's subgroups and then their subgroups. It has to be in a way that others can modify them on a easy way. So, therefor I created 2 tables within the first custom rowheadings (to let them complete it) and then in the colums other headings (also to complete it). Then afterwards users can select by clicking on the right radiobutton in which groep the subgroep fits.

The same thing I did with their subgroeps. But afterwards it is necessary to retreive this information in a more customway. I mean, if you say that you sell apples and bananas, you say in the subgroup you sell 3 different types of apples and in their subgroup you say it are red and green ones, I have to get that information. Because if you change afterwards in 4 types of bananas, the hole structure change.

And afterwards, I need this information to show to the end-user and it is necessairy to calculate things (so groups, subgroups change, but also the calculations)

Get it? Or is it better I mail you? ;))

Upvote 0
O, dear!
is it getting late or is this really to much information ?
to be honnest I don't like text, but like "tables" with examples
did you look to the threads (see links in my previous post) ? please tell if this looks like what you would need...
if not please tell what needs to be changed
BUT please: step by step
and please display an example of you sourcedata
use Colo's HTML Maker utility for displaying your Excel Worksheet on the board

On the "Excel Questions" main page there is a link to HTML Maker FAQ. You'll find out how to post correctly.
On the main page of the Forum there is a link to a Test here forum and a link to About this Board - to ask questions about HTLMMaker ...
It seems to be that we are close neighbours.
You live in the town I grew up.
NICE! we can become friends one day :)

best regards,
Erik

EDIT: if you want to avoid SPAM then remove your emailaddress from your post: just go to your profile where you can fill it up: then you will get an "email"button like me under your posts

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back