Help Creating a Dynamic ListFillRange for ActiveX ComboBox

RunTime91

Office Version
  1. 365
Let me begin by saying I'm not use to working with Embedded ActiveX Controls ~

I have an Embedded ComboBox on Sheet1 and I'm trying to fill it with a dynamic list from Sheet2.

I have tried using every method I have for Userform ComboBoxes and nothing. I have Googled, Bing'd, watched 7 YouTube videos and consulted Walkenbach ~ Nothing.

Please tell me this is possible and if so, please guide me on how to accomplish this ~

Below are just some of my efforts so far, each one producing either nothing or a 'Type Mismatch' Error:

Code:
For Each Cell In [List]  'List is a Named Range using the offset/counta arguments
    Me.ComboBox1.AddItem Cell
Next Cell

Code:
Dim LastRow As Long
LastRow = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Rng1 = Thisworkbook.sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1:A" & LastRow)

Me.ComboBox1.ListFillRange = Rng1

Code:
Rng1 = Range("List").Address(0,0)
Me.ComboBox1.ListFillRange = Rng1

As always ~ Thank You Very Much

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I avoid active-x controls in favor of form controls wherever possible so can't be much help. This works for me provided the named range "List" is on the same worksheet as the active-x combobox:
Code:
Private Sub ComboBox1_DropButt*******()
ComboBox1.ListFillRange = Range("List").Address
End Sub
EDIT: Replace the asterisks in the code box with "on Click" (no quote marks and remove the space after "on") - not sure why the asterisks are appearing there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I avoid active-x controls in favor of form controls wherever possible so can't be much help. This works for me provided the named range "List" is on the same worksheet as the active-x combobox:
Code:
Private Sub ComboBox1_DropButt*******()
ComboBox1.ListFillRange = Range("List").Address
End Sub
EDIT: Replace the asterisks in the code box with "on Click" (no quote marks and remove the space after "on") - not sure why the asterisks are appearing there.

Joe ~ Thank You for chiming in ~ I'm looking for something that works between sheets. I'm convinced ActiveX Controls simply can't work in that fashion ~ Looks I'm going back to UserForms and UserForm Controls.

Thanks again, Joe ~

Upvote 0
Joe ~ Thank You for chiming in ~ I'm looking for something that works between sheets. I'm convinced ActiveX Controls simply can't work in that fashion ~ Looks I'm going back to UserForms and UserForm Controls.

Thanks again, Joe ~
Good move. You are welcome.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back