Help me figure out IFNA and VLOOKUP functions to find matching table values based on multiple conditions.

CaliGxddx

Hello, Forum Friends!

I have a workbook consisting of several tabs with tables and a summary page.

On the summary page, I have the following IF statement that returns the correct data.

=IF(OR(D4="TBD",N4="No",F4="No data",AND(F4="Concept",L4<=$L$1),AND(F4="Definition",L4<=$L$1),AND(F4="Agile Planning",L4<=$L$1)),"N/A",IFNA(IF(T4="N", "Need Key Task",IF(VLOOKUP(D4,Table18[#All],26,FALSE)="Yes",VLOOKUP(D4,Table18[#All],29,FALSE),"Task Not Baselined")),"No data"))

BUT, I am not getting the result that I want with the IFNA function, I can’t wrap my head around what I am leaving out…

I am stuck getting the following results: if cell “26” AA = “Yes”, lookup D4 in table18, cell “29” AD= “I want to pull the date in cell AD if cell AA =yes”, if cell AA=”No”, ”Task Not Baselined”, empty=No data.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
For IFNA you start the formula off with it...for instance;

=IFNA( insert your whole formula here , after a comma enter the results you want in case it is NA then close parentheses)

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding. Please explain in greater detail. I cannot discern what you are instructing me to do.

Upvote 0
About your formula, When you wanted to use IFNA, it looks like you are saying, " If the first "IF" formula is true, then put "N/A", then you went into an IFNA formula.
What it looks like should be done is if the first part is true, then don't put "N/A" just put the formula you want if it is true. At the end of all of that, if all else fails, leave the cell blank, which is what I believe you mean by " No Data "... (But if you want, we can put the words " No Data " )
So try this, and tell me if this is what you are looking for;

=IF(OR(D4="TBD",N4="No",F4="No data",AND(F4="Concept",L4<=$L$1),AND(F4="Definition",L4<=$L$1),AND(F4="Agile Planning",L4<=$L$1)),IF(T4="N","Need Key Task",IF(VLOOKUP(D4,Table18[#All],26,FALSE)="Yes",VLOOKUP(D4,Table18[#All],29,FALSE),IF(VLOOKUP(D4,Table18[#All],26,FALSE)="No","Task Not Baselined",""))),"")

Now if I don't have this quite right, we can figure it out, it just takes time between work hours...

{As for what I was telling you to do, when you use an " IFNA " formula, then you put it at the beginning, which says, " If my formula results in "N/A", then put this as the answer at the end...which you have as "No Data" }

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back