Help Me! Question regarding a Login Box in VBA project

5ABI

Dear All,

I need your help in understanding how I can get past around a login box. A few years ago I purchased an excel product that is basically a VBA add in. It is very important to what I do on a day to day basis. It is indispensable for me ! Now here is the ISSUE- in order to use the excel workbook I need to sign in using a user name and password. NOTE- I have the user name and password and I can login so no this is not about how to crack open the password...the real issue is the username and password is validated against the vendor servers from whom I purchased the software...and that vendor server goes down occasionally rendering me helpless! I could not function without this add in...I cannot bear the loss of time and money when the vendor server goes offline...

I request you excel experts to help me understand how I can disable the add in from checking against the vendor servers? The actual functionality does not depend on server, it is all client based on my PC. However for this validation step it means I am helpless when the systems go down...I genuinely and deeply will appreciate your help in getting rid of this...I am not exaggerating when I say my life depends on this workbook to be up and running 24X7...

Thanks
Dave

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I am not exaggerating when I say my life depends on this workbook to be up and running 24X7...
If you don't have access to the add-in's source code, I'd say it's time to tidy up your worldly affairs.

Upvote 0
I have the access but with my limited knowledge of VBA I did not find how to manipulate the login box.

Upvote 0
What is the add-in, and what are the copyright restrictions?

Upvote 0
Dear All,

I need your help in understanding how I can get past around a login box. A few years ago I purchased an excel product that is basically a VBA add in. It is very important to what I do on a day to day basis. It is indispensable for me ! Now here is the ISSUE- in order to use the excel workbook I need to sign in using a user name and password. NOTE- I have the user name and password and I can login so no this is not about how to crack open the password...the real issue is the username and password is validated against the vendor servers from whom I purchased the software...and that vendor server goes down occasionally rendering me helpless! I could not function without this add in...I cannot bear the loss of time and money when the vendor server goes offline...

I request you excel experts to help me understand how I can disable the add in from checking against the vendor servers? The actual functionality does not depend on server, it is all client based on my PC. However for this validation step it means I am helpless when the systems go down...I genuinely and deeply will appreciate your help in getting rid of this...I am not exaggerating when I say my life depends on this workbook to be up and running 24X7...

Thanks
Dave

I don’t think anyone can or will assist you. Although you may have username / password for the addin, you definitely don’t have vendors permission to disable the software validation checks & for someone on this board to provide such assistance would I imagine, be against this forums rules.</SPAN>

I think you are taking the wrong approach, if this piece of software is so critical to you then I would suggest that you discuss your need directly with the vendor to ensure a robust 24 / 7 customer support.</SPAN>

Hope helpful</SPAN>

Dave</SPAN>

Upvote 0
The add in paid for. All I am asking is if there is a way to disable the login box.

Upvote 0
The add in paid for. All I am asking is if there is a way to disable the login box.

That may be the case but it is unlikely that the vendor has given permission to disable the login validation check & for someone to help you here would probably be against forum rules.</SPAN>

I repeat my earlier suggestion – go back to the vendor and ask how he can support you 24/7. Once you explain your situation he may come up with a legitimate</SPAN> workable solution for you.</SPAN>

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back