help required for VB loop to open the file from the network drive

zahidzmk

In column D: to read folders name bid #, name, rev & location – which changes as per project or Rev.

In column E: I hv combined file name (inclusive of D9 to 12) (=$D$3&" - "&$D$4&" "&D9&" Rev "&$D$5&".xlsb") it is same as read in the Folders.

In column G: To extract the data this the hyperlink =HYPERLINK("\\share\Group\DEPT\GPO\1. C411 Price Form\"&$D$6&""&$D$3&" - "&$D$4&""&"REV "&$D$5&""&E9,"Link") – which is links with E column:
Once I click the hyperlink its open the file as mentioned in column E e.g. D6463 - C411 - SAF V Linepipe Rev C.xlsb & link it with column F where I get the cost I need. Using the (Eval) formula.

These all files are in network folder \\share\Group\DEPT\GPO\1. C411 Price Form\} its can be hardcoded

These folders will be change as column D: {MEA\D6463\Rev A}

Everything is working like I m sitting on system 486 or windows 95,
Click one link which go back open the source file link the data, again click one link which go back open the source file the link the data so on n on sometime those files to big or slow network causes delay.L

But Sir I would like to do is links in column F & rest of my other sheets to be update with one click or automatically once I enter the data in column D & without opening the source files, sometime those files to big or slow network causes delay.

Summary report is like a template to extract the summary as per the new projects
The whole thing is linked to different sheet but with the formulas n all that’s ok

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back