Help - subform lost contact

Joe Z

I need help with form/subform lost recognition. I am not sure what happened but my subform is no longer recognized on my form. This may have happened afte a record (in sub form) was deleted. My information on this is not clear, however here it iswhatI have.

The outline of the subform is there, but no records show. Formulas referencing subform no longer work. When I go to the subform itself (ie not on the main form), the structure is there but no records are shown. Looking at the record source query all records are displayed. I am baffled! The link master fields & link child fields appear ok

I am relatively new to Access but this does not make sense to me. Am I overlooking the obvious. Do you have suggestions on what I can do to try to ferret out this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
How long would it take to re-create the subform? Sometimes, that is the best option.

Denis

Upvote 0
Make sure you don't have the main form's ALLOW EDITS set to NO (ran across that yesterday with someone in another forum).

Upvote 0
After fooling around with it for way too long - I thought I could learn something by figuring out what happened - I decides it was much easier to just create a new subform. I will go back a check that "Allow Edits", I'm still a little curious and certainly do not want to make the same mistake in a situation that will be more difficult to fix. I'm sure it had something to do with the record deletion.
Thanks,

Upvote 0
Oh, by the way, I forgot to say that you two guys have great websites - very beneficial.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back