Help to import XML files to Excel + mapping

finaljustice

Board Regular
Hello,

I have never imported or worked with XML files and I am now having to do so. My current situation is, I have a list of about 1.000 XML files that I would like to Import to Excel to make a Database.

I did figure out through research and trial and error how to import the XML files into excel and using one of the xml files to Map the importation. What I realised is that there are two "mappings" that are required but that only differ in ONE field name.

To illustrate what I mean, these XML files are invoices and these invoices have only 1 field that differ in name but are basically the same thing. This field would be the equivalent of the "social security number for people" and the other would be a "social security number for companies".

Now if I use a XML (invoice) as a mapping example and that invoice was of a Company, when importing the XML bunch the companies invoice's will be imported correctly but for people all other field will be imported correctly but I would not get the social security number of these people which I also need.

Is there a way in excel to configure this mapping, how it is done? Is there a tool I could use to create a map which I could basically just add this one other field in another column.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronaldj

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back