Help understanding this Macro please

Pizgatti

HI, I am sure it is simple but I know nothing of macro editing although I recorded this one and simply need it to repeat on each consecutive row to line 228 so its range is set at

A18:J18 I then need it to run on A19:J19 then so on till A228:J228 I would greatly appreciate any education on how to do that

</pre>
' Macro recorded 4/7/2014 by Phoenix-TW
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+r
'
Range("A18:J18").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("tro7880_384003666_94B9055DXA122").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Sheets("Sheet1").Select

End Sub</pre>

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Hello,

If you're simply copying and pasting each line, why not just copy and paste the entire range all together? Replace:

Code:
Range("A18:J18").Select

with

Code:
Range("A18:J228").Select

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you but not sure that would work if it copied all the rows at once, each line is pasted on to another page into a formula then printed,
each row is for a separate customer it needs to be copied on its own, there row is then pasted in that formula and then printed. Only one row of information is needed at a time.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

See how this works for you:

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> foo()<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> i <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> lr <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Long</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> wsSource <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet<br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> wsDest <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Worksheet<br>    <br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> wsSource = Sheets("Sheet1")<br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> wsDest = Sheets("tro7880_384003666_94B9055DXA122")<br>        <br>        lr = wsSource.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row<br>        <br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">For</SPAN> i = 18 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">To</SPAN> lr<br>            wsSource.Range("A" & i & ":J" & i).Copy wsDest.Range("A1")<br>            wsDest.PrintPreview<br>            <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Uncomment after testing</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'wsdest.printout</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Next</SPAN> i<br>        <br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

HTH,

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the help, it still did not end up working (probably from something I was doing wrong) but someone that knows about it ended up coming by and writing this if it helps any one else,
Sub form()
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
' Find the last row of data
FinalRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).row

' Loop through each row

Dim x As Integer
Dim i As Integer

For x = 18 To FinalRow
'Select first row
Worksheets("sheet1").Cells(x, 1).Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.Copy

'Paste in new sheet
Sheets("tro7880_384003666_94B9055DXA122").Select
Cells(4, 2).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
'Print
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

Sheets("Sheet1").Select

Next x
End Sub

Upvote 0
Just note that you don't need to Select, and it's usually unnecessary, inefficient, and just slows things down.

And it seems that the only difference it the destination location: Cells(4, 2).Select

So you could change my code:

wsSource.Range("A" & i & ":J" & i).Copy wsDest.Cells(4,2)

Or

wsSource.Range("A" & i & ":J" & i).Copy wsDest.Range("B4")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
futureskillsacademy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back