Help with complicated Conditional Formatting

db321

Office Version
  1. 2016
Hi, I am in the process of creating an MS Excel spreadsheet to track Accreditation Authorization Termination Dates (ATD). I have a number of columns with different information types. In column C has the ATDs, column J has the start date for when I need to start assessing security controls, and column K has the end date for when the assessment should end. I want column J to automatically turn green 30 days before the assessment start date, then automatically turn yellow on the start date, and automatically turn red if the assessment date in column has passed. I have been able to get the cell to turn color, if I manually change the date in column J. But have not figure out to have it change automatically based on dates. Column E has the Assessment Types, (Re-accreditation, Annual Review, or New). For systems that are going through an Re-accreditation and did not do an annual review, I am giving myself 90 days to complete the assessment of 1/3 of the controls, for a total of three assessment dates. And the annual reviews 1/3 of the controls are assessed annually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daryl

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I want column J to automatically turn green 30 days before the assessment start date, then automatically turn yellow on the start date, and automatically turn red if the assessment date in column has passed.
Conditional format should work - ALL based off column J the start date for Green & yellow
Then column K for RED
BUT what column has that the info that the assessment has been done - so you can ignore that row ?

NOT sure i follow this bit or what cells to use
Column E has the Assessment Types, (Re-accreditation, Annual Review, or New). For systems that are going through an Re-accreditation and did not do an annual review, I am giving myself 90 days to complete the assessment of 1/3 of the controls, for a total of three assessment dates. And the annual reviews 1/3 of the controls are assessed annually.

i have done the green & yellow
BUT on RED are we testing column K? AND how to tell if complete , otherwise will all just go RED

Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
J:JExpression=J1=TODAY()textNO
J:JExpression=AND(J1>=TODAY()-30, J1<TODAY())textNO

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back