Help with COUNTIFS on multiple conditons

edwardtong694

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone out there can help.

I am currently trying to create a Formula which will count my data on a range of conditions.

Here is an example of my data:

A
B
C
Active
4 - High
3 - Medium
Closed
2 - low
2 - low
Tolerated
3 - Medium
1 - V. Low
Active
4 - high4 - High

<tbody>
</tbody>

This data then continues on for a number of rows. Basically I want to count the cells which contain "Active" or "Tolerated" in row A which also has a score of 4 or 3 in column B and also a score of column 3 or 2 in column C. So the formula should count Rows 1 and 4 in the above scenario.

The problem I have is the data in B and C contains text as well as a number so I assume there is not a way to use a greater or lesser than operater? to help and instead I will need to add a condition to just search the cell which contains the number 4 or 3 in column B for example.

I have had a go at this but am not getting very far. Would COUNTIFS be the best formula to use for this?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Without a helper row, maybe this formula

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MMULT(COLUMN(A:E)^0,(A1:G5<>"")*(A1:G5=N(OFFSET(J1:J5,ROW(J1:J5)-ROW(J1),0,1)))*(J1:J5<>""))=COUNT(J1:J5)))

M.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Muito bem, Marcelo, it works, it seems your second formula without helper row too! Off-topic: Marcelo, contact your football selecao and tell him that Brazil must beat Croatia with at least 2-0 in championship :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Formula without helper row works but if there's nothing in J column, result is 7 - but this isn't problem, J column will always contain something. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Me again, sorry for another bothering you. My real working table data is big from F3 to EO13 (140 columns, 11 rows), i enter searched combinations to FN column, so that's why i changed your formula without helper row to
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MMULT(COLUMN(F:P)^0;(F3:EO13<>"")*(F3:EO13=N(OFFSET(FN3:FN7;ROW(FN3:FN7)-ROW(FN3);0;1)))*(FN3:FN7<>""))=COUNT(FN3:FN7)))
but my change (moving and resizing ranges in formula) is incorrect, i got #N/A error message. Where are my mistakes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Muito bem, Marcelo, it works, it seems your second formula without helper row too! Off-topic: Marcelo, contact your football selecao and tell him that Brazil must beat Croatia with at least 2-0 in championship :)

Glad that it's working now.

M.
ps: about Brazil x Croatia: I'll talk with Neymar :)

Upvote 0
Me again asking something related to previous stuff. Let's say that i search using marcelo's formula for value 20 (and other values in many rows) but formula returns result 0. Then, i'd like to expand search, from e. g. 18 to 22 (10% less and more) in order to find something close to 20. Let's say i enter direct value to cell J1, then i enter percent of value expanding to cell J2. How should this formula look like, Marcelo (and other teachers here)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back