Not open for further replies.

YellowTangerine

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello,

Would anyone please be able to help me construct the correct formula to create the desired results in the table below? I've not used VLOOKUP before so am a novice at this. Any support would be most gratefully received.
Thank you.

POC Data 050323.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ
1Child NameUnique CodeChild Name Unique CodeParent NameParent EmailParent NameParent EmaiChild NameUnique ID
2Child 3359fh4#N/AName 1test1@gmail.comChild 1Not known requires a match from data source 1
3Child 1359fh5#N/AName 2test2@gmail.comChild 2Not known requires a match from data source 1
4Child 5359fh6#N/AName 3test3@gmail.comChild 3Not known requires a match from data source 1
5Child 4359fh7#N/AName 4test4@gmail.comChild 4Not known requires a match from data source 1
6Child 2359fh8#N/AName 5test5@gmail.comChild 5Not known requires a match from data source 1
7Child 6359fh9#N/AName 6test6@gmail.comChild 6Not known requires a match from data source 1
9Data Source 1Result Data Source 2
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E2:E7E2=VLOOKUP($A2:$A7,$K$2:$N$7,COLUMN(A1),0)
Dynamic array formulas.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
It is not clear to me what result(s) you expect for that sample data.

Can you fill in the desired results manually and post XL2BB again and explain again in relation to those expected results?

Upvote 0

Can you fill in the desired results manually and post XL2BB again and explain again in relation to those expected results?
Yes, of course. See below. Source 1 is presented in my example in a different order to source 2, however i have yet to see the data source 1 (for real) and this may be received in the same order as data source 2. The main thing I am trying to achieve is to ensure the correct Unique ID is applied to the correct child and parent name. Child 1 is to be matched to Name 1 etc... along with the unique ID. This information will be used in a mailmerge and the Unique ID gives them access to setting up their account on a system. Hope this helps.

POC Data 050323.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQ
1Child NameUnique CodeChild Name Unique CodeParent NameParent EmailParent NameParent EmaiChild NameUnique ID
2Child 3359fh4Child 1359fh5Name 1test1@gmail.comName 1test1@gmail.comChild 1Not known requires a match from data source 1
3Child 1359fh5Child 2359fh8Name 2test2@gmail.comName 2test2@gmail.comChild 2Not known requires a match from data source 1
4Child 5359fh6Child 3359fh4Name 3test3@gmail.comName 3test3@gmail.comChild 3Not known requires a match from data source 1
5Child 4359fh7Child 4359fh7Name 4test4@gmail.comName 4test4@gmail.comChild 4Not known requires a match from data source 1
6Child 2359fh8Child 5359fh6Name 5test5@gmail.comName 5test5@gmail.comChild 5Not known requires a match from data source 1
7Child 6359fh9Child 6359fh9Name 6test6@gmail.comName 6test6@gmail.comChild 6Not known requires a match from data source 1
9Data Source 1Result Data Source 2
Sheet1

Upvote 0

Unique ID & Unique Code are both the same. Sorry, I should have used just the one term.

Upvote 0
Duplicate to: VLOOKUP and match return in whole column

In future, please do not post the same question multiple times. Per Forum Rules (#12), posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted.

In relation to your question here, I have closed this thread so please continue in the linked thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afua

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back